No Fireworks for Revis, Marshall, day After Sideline Spat

JetNation

Todd Bowles

By Glenn Naughton

One day after having to be physically separated by teammates when tempers flared at practice in Florham Park, Jets superstars Darrelle Revis and Brandon Marshall were separated by coaches before there was ever a chance for a carryover effect.

Through the course of the team’s Saturday practice session, Marshall and Revis were matched up just one time, on a running play no less.

Revis brushed off yesterdays confrontation with Marshall, calling it "good" for Jets.

Revis brushed off yesterdays confrontation with Marshall, calling it “good” for Jets.

Following yesterday’s incident, which Marshall said stemmed from a slap to the face during one-on-one drills from Revis earlier in the day, head coach Todd Bowles said he “loved” the chippiness between the pair.  Even still, it would be hard to dismiss the lack of head-to-head action between Revis and Marshall as coincidental.

Bowles may have loved the fire he saw yesterday, but credit to the team and their staff for not allowing it to linger into today’s practice.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
XZcd_7eb6QU

Click here to read the full story...

I think it would be stupid to let this guys keep going head to head. They are both egomaniacs and will burn out or injure themselves trying to win this personal battle.. Can see one of them pulling a hamstring.. Let's save our two of our best players for real game days..

11 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I think it would be stupid to let this guys keep going head to head. They are both egomaniacs and will burn out or injure themselves trying to win this personal battle.. Can see one of them pulling a hamstring.. Let's save our two of our best players for real game days..

Practice like you play. Both men are lucky they have each other to match against in practice. Why would Bowles pussy up the practice?

11 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

2 professionals practicing hard anger,heat,frustration,competitiveness nothing to see here move on. 

Agreed.

On August 8, 2016 at 0:26 AM, jgb said:

Practice like you play. Both men are lucky they have each other to match against in practice. Why would Bowles pussy up the practice?

Agreed.

Who doesn't like a heated competition? Sure that's a great saying, but not smart when one of these old guys pulls a ham and is out for real games because they were going 110% at eachother everyday during training camp.. 

On 8/8/2016 at 0:26 AM, jgb said:

Probably because they don't need the practice.  Marshall could match up with Kevin Short every day and would still be making catches against double coverage in the regular season. 

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Who doesn't like a heated competition? Sure that's a great saying, but not smart when one of these old guys pulls a ham and is out for real games because they were going 110% at eachother everyday during training camp.. 

13 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Probably because they don't need the practice.  Marshall could match up with Kevin Short every day and would still be making catches against double coverage in the regular season. 

Call me old school but pussy up a practice too much (already that's the NFL-mandated trend, as it is) the young guys don't learn how to be professionals. Just my 2c. I can see your point but injury is part of the game, including practice. 

Archived