Deep thoughts

Jetster

Thank god Idzik had so many picks that year. That's why you don't THROW AWAY late picks! E-N-U-N-W-A...say it with me. OMG, the NY Jets actually DEVELOPED a player. Thank you Chan Gailey, you were the right man to put Quincy in the right position to succeed.

How mentally tough is J. Marshall? See that Devin, that's how you overcome your mistakes. J.Marshall is only going to get better (love his confidence), he's gotta stop putting the football on the ground, but when your 4th WR starts looking like a playmaker, opposing secondaries have their hands full with this team. I expect Fitz to even get in more sync with these guys overall.

Hey! did you guys see that tiny little LB shoot that gap like he was fired out of a cannon to take down McCoy in the backfield? His speed is undeniable! When they showed the replay, the Oline had zero chance of getting a hand on him, he was like a blur. Dudes gonna be a force by the end of the season. He was also HELD on the Tate return, SO FREAKING BLATENT right in the middle of the field the Bills player literally had him in a bear hug, I hate NFL refs, they really are horrible.

I hope Carpenter is not hurt badly, we are incredibly thin on talent on the Oline.

Todd Bowles continues to have brain farts, there was absolutely no reason he could give me to justify not going for 2 at the end there? You lose either way @ 1 or 2 points difference there. Got lucky cause Rex is an idiot when it comes to clock management.

When I watch our secondary, I can just imagine the legendary Vince Lombardi exclaiming, "what the hell is going on out here!" Thank god Trod can only throw deep, it seemed like guys were open EVERYWHERE. We spent a fortune on this secondary, it's their 2nd year together, not a good sign. They have got to tighten it up. 

I know other fans on this site think I'm always a bit too optimistic but like I stated before this game, you can't give up after 1 game. Guys like SAR are glass half empty sorts, where I prefer to be a half full guy. The best quote ever regarding the NFL is "That's why they play the games". I also believe there's a lot of jaded fans on here that wallow in misery & love to come here after losses so they can say, "I told you so".

How smooth is Matt Forte? The guy just glides around like he's on roller skates. WHAT A PICKUP! I can't imagine being a Bears fan watching that game last night & seeing Forte & Marshall balling out. Must be painful.

Lets see how Todd Bowles handles these 10 days to get the Jets ready for next Sunday. Everyone should be good to go (Carpenter?) maybe being the only exception. Jenkins should be back too, we need to start getting him some reps.

Isnt nice to have a little pep in your step this morning,lol. Go Jets, go Miami, (can't believe I'm saying that).

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Never know? When he comes back we might have the deepest WR group in the league.

I'm thinking we might already have that.  We can legitimately go 5-wide plus a RB, all of whom can run and catch (although we could reasonably reserve judgment on Anderson until he does it in the regular season).

We're actually so flush at WR that we consider trading one for a good player at another position or a decent draft pick.  Not now of course since it's a long season and injuries do happen.  We've gotta see what we have in D. Smith as well but a nice problem to have.   

Archived