Thanksgiving 2018?

Happy Clouds

A New York Jets story from the future?

Tyrod Taylor completed 3 touchdown passes to Walter Powell, helping lead the Buffalo Bills to a 55-2 victory over the NY Jets. Rex Ryan, had nothing but praise for his former team, saying, "No question, ya know, they played hard out there, and all that stuff". It was a tough day for Jets qb's.  Johnny Manziel got the start, but he didn't last long.  Manziel, who got a DWI on his way to the game, seemed disoriented from the beginning. On the first play from scrimmage, Manziel lined up for the snap behind left tackle Ben Ijalana.  The referees quickly moved in and removed the teetering Manziel from the game.  He was replaced by Charlie Whitehurst.

Manziel was then mistakenly put into the concussion protocol, and did not return. It was apparent to everyone in the stadium, that Manziel was in no condition to play. Obvious to everyone but the Jets coach. Todd Bowles stubbornly defended his decision to start the still slightly, sauced, signalcaller, simply, saying, "I knew Johnny wasn't 100%. But, I felt he gave us the best chance to win".

Today was supposed to mark the triumphant return of Chad Pennington to the playing field. He had been in training for weeks attempting to get into football shape. It wasn't long ago that Pennington proclaimed, "My body has completely healed from all of the injuries. It is a privilege to make my comeback with the New York Jets".

Jet fans optimism quickly evaporated about an hour before game time. While on the field, doing team stretching, Pennington suffered what team officials described as "a possible torn rotator cuff". To compound matters, as he was walking to the locker room, he suffered an injury to his knee, which was termed "significant".

Bowles was noncommittal as to who would start the next game. Saying he needed a few days to think it over, he added, "I have confidence in all 5 of our quarterbacks. We could win with Johnny, Charlie, Chad, Sonny (Jurgenson), or Hack.  Bowles became visibly agitated when  he was asked why the 84 year old Jurgensen, was listed ahead of Christian  Hackenberg on the depth chart.  He snapped, "Coaches decision".

Leading the defense, was free safety, Sheldon Richardson. In addition to being the place kicker, Richardson has adjusted nicely to his full time role in the secondary. He had 4 tackles and 1 pass defensed. He was, however, in a foul mood after the game. He refused to talk to the media. In fact, he refused to even take a shower. He was last seen rushing past reporters, and going into his car. In full uniform!

Bowles seemed pleased with the play of defensive captain, Muhammed Wilkerson. When told, however, that Wilkerson had 0 tackles and 0 sacks, Bowles took exception. He said, "We are very happy with Mo. We see a lot of progress with him.  He even managed to make it to 3 out of our 5 team meetings this week".

The Jets have a bye next week. Then, they will face Bryce Petty, and his Cleveland Browns. Petty, one of the rising young stars in the game, has propelled the surging Browns to a 7-2 record, tied for first in their division.

Enjoy the holiday with your family and friends, hope you all have a Happy Thanksging!

How soon until HBO does a documentary on JETS fans like they did the curse if the Bambino on the SOX.

I am seeing visions of being long gone and my daughter surrounded by my grandchildren putting a JETS hat on my tombstone saying..."POPS", they finally won it.  

Knowing this team..it wont happen in her lifetime either.

Archived