key dates 2017: Jets' offseason deadlines, including Darrelle Revis ~ ~ ~

kelly

Now that Sunday's thrilling Super Bowl between the Patriots and Falcons is complete, here is a look at key NFL offseason dates, including important deadlines for the Jets -- like when they'll have to decide what to do with cornerback Darrelle Revis :

Feb. 6: Waiver system began for 2017. 

Feb. 10: Jets quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick's contract automatically voids, making him a free agent and effectively ending his tenure with the organization. It's just a formality. 

Feb. 14: Beginning at noon, NFL teams can begin signing players whose Canadian Football League contracts have expired. 

Feb. 15: First day for teams to apply franchise or transition tag to players. 

Feb. 28-March 6: NFL Scouting Combine, Indianapolis. 

March 1: Prior to 4 p.m., deadline for teams to apply franchise or transition tag. 

March 7-9: Team can negotiate with agents of pending unrestricted free agent players, but no formal contract can be signed until 4 p.m. on March 9. 

March 9: A big day with several key events ... 

* Prior to 4 p.m., teams must exercise contract options for 2017 on all players who have them. 

* Prior to 4 p.m., teams must submit qualifying offers to their pending restricted free agents, if the teams want to retain right of first refusal/compensation. 

* Prior to 4 p.m., all teams must be under the 2017 salary cap. 

* At 4 p.m., the free agency and trading periods begin, as does the official 2017 league year. 

* Jets defensive end Sheldon Richardson's fifth-year option ($8.069 million) becomes fully guaranteed. 

March 10: Revis is due to receive a $2 million roster bonus -- the Jets' deadline for deciding what to do with him. 

March 26-29: NFL annual meeting, Phoenix. 

April 3: Teams with new head coach can start offseason workouts. 

April 17: Teams with returning head coach can start offseason workouts. 

April 21: Deadline for restricted free agents to sign offer sheets. 

April 27-29: NFL Draft, Philadelphia. 

May 2: Deadline for teams to exercise fifth-year options on 2014 first-round draft picks (strong safety Calvin Pryor in the Jets' case). 

May 5-8: Rookie minicamps. 

May 12-15: Rookie minicamps. 

May 15: Rookie football development programs begin.

May 18-21: NFLPA Rookie Premiere event. 

May 22-24: NFL spring meeting, Chicago. 

Late May and early June: Organized team activities practices. Last year, the Jets' OTA dates were May 24-26, May 31, June 1-2, and June 6-9. 

June 1: Deadline for teams to send "June 1 tender" to its unsigned restricted free agents who received a qualifying offer for a right of first refusal only. 

June 15: Deadline for teams to withdraw qualifying offer to restricted free agents and still retain exclusive negotiating rights. 

8 Jets who should be gone in 2017

8 Jets who should be gone in 2017

Time to make some cuts.

June: Mandatory minicamps. Last year, the Jets' mandatory minicamp dates were June 14-16. 

July 15: At 4 p.m., deadline for teams that designated a franchise-tag player to sign him to a multi-year contract or extension. After this date, the player can sign only a one-year deal with his previous organization for the 2017 season -- and the contract can't be extended until after the team's final regular season game. 

Late July: Training camps begin. 

Aug. 3: Hall of Fame Game, Canton, Ohio. 

Aug. 5: Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremony

>       http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/02/nfl_key_dates_2017_jets_offseason_deadlines_includ.html#incart_river_index

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

Can I add Breno and Marshall to the cut list, please?

Yes Breno for sure and I'd have no issue with ditching other members of our secondary,  we are also going to have to do something with Mangold.  I am not in the dump marshall camp.  The year before last he gave us one of the best Wr performances we have seen.

If they do cut marshall so be it but if they cut marshall and we keep guys like shel rich and revis I'll be enraged.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes Breno for sure and I'd have no issue with ditching other members of our secondary,  we are also going to have to do something with Mangold.  I am not in the dump marshall camp.  The year before last he gave us one of the best Wr performances we have seen.

If they do cut marshall so be it but if they cut marshall and we keep guys like shel rich and revis I'll be enraged.

I think you and I have a better chance of winning Powerball than of either of those two being back here.

Archived