DraftWired Mock Draft

Paddywagon

With the 2017 NFL draft fast approaching, here's my 7-round mock draft using the DraftWired simulator.

Rd 1 Pk 6 - Jamal Adams, S, LSU

Instant game-changing starter and future leader of the defense.

Rd 2 Pk 39 - Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado

Sticky man corner who's versatile enough to play on the outside or in the slot. Had an impressive combine and put up a 39.5 vert at his pro day.

Rd 3 Pk 70 - Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee

3-down running back with good speed, elusiveness, and hands out of the backfield. Future replacement for Matt Forte.

Rd 3 Pk 107 - George Kittle, TE, Iowa

Might be the blocking TE in the draft. Underutilized in the Iowa passing game.

Rd 5 Pk 150 - Chad Wheeler, OT, USC

Gives up depth at the tackle position and has the chance to develop into a solid NFL left tackle.

Rd 6 Pk 191 - C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa

Played in a pro style offense at Iowa. Has decent arm strength and accuracy. Could be a decent backup or even starter in the NFL.

Rd 7 Pk 224 - Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State

Big receiver (6'3", 220 lbs) with good speed. Adds needed depth to the wide receiver group.

With the 2017 NFL draft fast approaching, here's my 7-round mock draft using the DraftWired simulator.
Rd 1 Pk 6 - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
Instant game-changing starter and future leader of the defense.
Rd 2 Pk 39 - Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
Sticky man corner who's versatile enough to play on the outside or in the slot. Had an impressive combine and put up a 39.5 vert at his pro day.
Rd 3 Pk 70 - Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
3-down running back with good speed, elusiveness, and hands out of the backfield. Future replacement for Matt Forte.
Rd 3 Pk 107 - George Kittle, TE, Iowa
Might be the blocking TE in the draft. Underutilized in the Iowa passing game.
Rd 5 Pk 150 - Chad Wheeler, OT, USC
Gives up depth at the tackle position and has the chance to develop into a solid NFL left tackle.
Rd 6 Pk 191 - C.J. Beathard, QB, Iowa
Played in a pro style offense at Iowa. Has decent arm strength and accuracy. Could be a decent backup or even starter in the NFL.
Rd 7 Pk 224 - Robert Davis, WR, Georgia State
Big receiver (6'3", 220 lbs) with good speed. Adds needed depth to the wide receiver group.

Woooo! More blocking tight ends, hurray!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I cant support going defense in the 1st round, let alone in the first 2 rounds. Since 2000 we've drafted defense in the 1st round 15 times...in just 17 years. To think that since drafting Sanchez in 2009 we have not drafted a 1st round offensive talent to compliment the offense, though we've drafted not just Sanchez, but Geno Smith in the 2nd round and we currently have two young QB's on the team looking for support in Christian Hackenberg (2nd round pick) and Bryce Petty (4th round pick). 

No, plain and simple. We havent drafted offense in the 1st round this decade and I would like to try and provide help for our young QB's instead of consistently chalking them up as "busts" while at the same time providing all of these QB's we've drafted with nothing. 

And when we did provide offensive players via the draft the Jets squandered it on Ryan Fitzpatrick. They should be ashamed of themselves for that, and going defense yet again will only confirm that this group simply hasnt learned a thing. 

For the record, Jamal Adams is a beast and I really do like him. I'd like to see the Jets trade down before taking a defensive player in the 1st again. The insanity must stop sometime this decade. 

Archived