ESPN board is reporting a blockbuster trade

GlennFoley

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't we need to tag Abe first?

Not until March 1, 2006 - If this rumor is true, the Jets would have to sign him to a tentative to be traded prior to March 1. Then a trade could be made between us & San Diego.

As for the basis of the original rumor:

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Jets' Abraham wants long-term deal or trade

Associated Press

HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- John Abraham feels he has shown the New York Jets he can dominate games and stay healthy for an entire season.

Now he wants his reward: a long-term contract, from the Jets or someone else.

The three-time Pro Bowl defensive end said Wednesday he is willing to be traded instead of being tagged the franchise player for a second year in a row.

"I said it when I first came here: I'm looking for that stability," Abraham said Wednesday. "I'm 27 now, it's not like I'm 21 or 22 or just don't care. I have a family. I'm looking for long-term, whether it's here or somewhere else."

Abraham signed a $6.7 million, one-year deal as the franchise player after sitting out training camp, hoping to stay healthy and earn his long-term deal. Going into this year, he played in two full seasons twice in five years, but still managed 43 sacks.

So far, Abraham has played in all 13 games and is having another good season. He has 8

unfortuantely thats true with most college QBs,,crapshoot,,i agree,,

what i like though in his favor is that he is a coaches kid and has poise and does understand the progressions,,lots of QBs dont get that

That's definately true, but he's also been sitting for 2 years now. Gonna have a lot of rust to knock off...

I'm not Smizzy.

I hate the guy.

Look at an earlier post of mine.

Rivers' Arm < Pennington's Arm after 2 surgery's.

Rivers' arm is horrible....you think you've seen lobs? You havn't seen lobs yet.

I hate Rivers I don't think he's worth 10 cents...Cutler is unproven too but he has an arm which makes him intriging.

To me it's stick with Chad and give him one last chance because this time he won't be rushed back.

now i know i want rivers

That's definately true, but he's also been sitting for 2 years now. Gonna have a lot of rust to knock off...

true, but what better team to get the rust knocked off, we all know next year is a rebuilding year, no playoff intentions.

schaub would be a great get also.

Archived