ESPN board is reporting a blockbuster trade

GlennFoley

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That website, regardless of your dislike of him, is a valid website and the guy runs a valid radio show.

He got teh Herm to KC thing before anyone else. He had Heimer takin over but that might have been the plan before Tannebaum exerted control and told Woody, get anew guy, Mangini.

This is a fun topic to discuss so please leave open.

SJ - what makes you think that SD wants abe? they have a younger faster version in the form of last yr's 1st rd pick in shawn merriman. don't they play the same position?

I do not like Rivers. I do not like the idea of Mario Williams at 4, which is what likely happens should this trade go down.

I would rather trade Abe for a top 20 pick + a third rounder, or perhaps the Jets give up their high third for the other team's second rounder, which would leave us four picks in the first two rounds of a very deep draft. We could use the extra first rounder on someone like Kiwi to replace Abe and use one of the second rounders on Croyle, freeing the Jets to take D'Brick and someone else of great value like Addai in the second round.

That scenario kills four birds with one stone. Abe for Rivers kills one.

Abe's not under contract. He can't be traded. DO you think the Jets FO is in any shape to give Abe a new deal?

Whats fun about nonsense?

It's called a franchise tag Smizzy that can be placed on Abe tomorrow and then he can be traded.

It's called a franchise tag Smizzy that can be placed on Abe tomorrow and then he can be traded.

So we are going to tag abe..in the next day or so and trade him to SD for an unproven QB . If this is true,which I doubt with the complete disarray of the FO right now....We would be fools to do so.

How much money do you want to invest exactly in the QB position? Or Did DInoCoatsa also say we're trading Penny too?

Ps..I merged the 2 topics for you SJ.

If this deal does go down, than Dbrick must be the pick.

Stop f##king around. Snatch that franchise left tackle to protect our new QB.

No more patchwork, 2nd rate, overthehill offensive lines. We must protect our new QB with the best possible tackle, and that's Brick.

schaub > rivers

i know it was only one game but rivers really looked bad in the last game this year. i assume he is better than that #4 overall but he certainly didn't show it.

well he looked pretty good after the 1st drive.

plus his first ever action other than takin a knee,,come on

Because Rivers is cheap for a "franchise QB" that's why.

We don't have to give him a signing bonus and he's locked up for a long time:

http://www.nflpa.org/Media/playerProfile.asp?ID=35663

2006 615000.00

2007 940000.00

2008 1265000.00

2009 1590000.00

2010 1915000.00

For the Jets, this equates to a 5-year $6.3M contract with ZERO signing bonus. Worried about "too much money" invested at QB? Chad's $12M hit (kept or cut) in '06 will turn into a $12.6M hit. You try to find a potential franchise QB for beans like that & I'm all ears. Only exception I can think of is Schaub but I don't think Atlanta is that interested in Abraham.

Fear of the unknown on my part. He was a great college QB, just not 100% sure he will be a good pro.

unfortuantely thats true with most college QBs,,crapshoot,,i agree,,

what i like though in his favor is that he is a coaches kid and has poise and does understand the progressions,,lots of QBs dont get that

The JA-Rivers trade does not benefit Chargers at all. it may benefit to Jets because young and promsing qb in the wing waiting for Pennington to fall apart.... JA values more than mere Rivers. One on one trade will not workout.

I would love to trade CB Barrett and S Coleman to Chargers for Rivers...It would be a nice profitable ripoff trade for Jets.:thumbup:

From Dino Costa article:

The Chargers will send quarterback Philip Rivers, the 4th overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft, to the Jets, in return for pass rushing defensive end John Abraham.

This says that the Chargers own the 4th pick....WRONG! I don't think Rivers is worth Abe and the 4th pick.

Hey tennesee wheres that avatr from....that show office or something? I saw 2 episodes and it looded really trippy and funny.

but that guy was one of the BEST characters

ever on 6 feet under

Why is everybody sold on Rivers?

I'm not Smizzy.

I hate the guy.

Look at an earlier post of mine.

Rivers' Arm < Pennington's Arm after 2 surgery's.

Rivers' arm is horrible....you think you've seen lobs? You havn't seen lobs yet.

I hate Rivers I don't think he's worth 10 cents...Cutler is unproven too but he has an arm which makes him intriging.

To me it's stick with Chad and give him one last chance because this time he won't be rushed back.

Archived