ESPN board is reporting a blockbuster trade

GlennFoley

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i question why this deal makes sense for SD. They trade Rivers not only will they get a cap hit they don't have any other QB under contract. Who is going to sign Drew Brees long term just after getting his labrum torn? it makes no sense at all.

This is a long standing rumor- so I will believe it when I actually see an announcement- Brees has a pretty serious injury to trade right now Rivers

No, no, no. It's true. My younger brother's wife has a 2nd cousin, and his step daughter, who's best friend's father used to work as Equipment Manager for the NJ Generals in the USFL, said her grandfather's great grandfather confirmed this from the beyond.

From Dino Costa article:

The Chargers will send quarterback Philip Rivers, the 4th overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft, to the Jets, in return for pass rushing defensive end John Abraham.

This says that the Chargers own the 4th pick....WRONG! I don't think Rivers is worth Abe and the 4th pick.

From Dino Costa article:

The Chargers will send quarterback Philip Rivers, the 4th overall pick in the 2004 NFL draft, to the Jets, in return for pass rushing defensive end John Abraham.

This says that the Chargers own the 4th pick....WRONG! I don't think Rivers is worth Abe and the 4th pick.

Reading is FUNdamental.

From Dino Costa article:

Actually it's the 4th overall pick from 2004 which is true but this sounds too stupid of a deal for san diego to be true. We should have thrown in Pennington too so that between him and Brees they could possibly throw an out together . . . maybe.:rolleyes:

From Dino Costa article:

Classic!

Isn't this the same Dino Costa who said the Jets would be letting Herm go to KC and that Heimerdinger was going to be named HC immediately after?

he was 1/2 right,,,,,,my guess is his mole in Jets gives this guy stuff,,,

at the time i bet that herm to KC and heimer takin over was the Bradway story,,,,,,,buyt then tanny put his foot down and said, no i want mangini and the tanny/bradway power struggle started,,,

i think this guy has the story right

I would like to know how San Diego gets around the fact that Brees is a big question mark, is a free agent, and AJ Feely lies in wait as the backup once Rivers is dealt?

Franchise tenders will have to be made soon, within a few weeks. Brees is still recovering from his torn labrum. Do they franchise him, with several months of rehab still around the corner? Maybe they pass, since his shoulder is a concern and a possible deal killer to any teams of interest.

If Rivers is dealt, would you really want to go into battle with AJ Feely as the primary backup? What if Brees goes down, in a similar fashion as Chad?

Too much for me to risk....Makes much more sense to keep Rivers and wait to see how Brees heals. By the time they know for certain, most potential trading partners might be long gone. The Jets cannot afford to wait. They need to know now.

Its possible this could happen. But not right now.

Jets have to tag Abraham first, and he has to sign it before we trade him.

He's not under contract as we speak.

Barton, youre right that it can't happen now but if the Jets find the right deal, then the franchise tag is just a formality and a deal can be made.

That website, regardless of your dislike of him, is a valid website and the guy runs a valid radio show.

He got teh Herm to KC thing before anyone else. He had Heimer takin over but that might have been the plan before Tannebaum exerted control and told Woody, get anew guy, Mangini.

This is a fun topic to discuss so please leave open.

That website, regardless of your dislike of him, is a valid website and the guy runs a valid radio show.

He got teh Herm to KC thing before anyone else. He had Heimer takin over but that might have been the plan before Tannebaum exerted control and told Woody, get anew guy, Mangini.

This is a fun topic to discuss so please leave open.

Abe's not under contract. He can't be traded. DO you think the Jets FO is in any shape to give Abe a new deal?

Whats fun about nonsense?

Abe's not under contract. He can't be traded. DO you think the Jets FO is in any shape to give Abe a new deal?

Whats fun about nonsense?

he will be franchised in next few days, then jets will sign him to a deal that the chargers and abes agent will agree to. presto.

i'm worried that the chargers know something we don't, i.e. rivers can't hack it at this level. why else would they unload him when brees has a torn labrum and their backup is feely? something isn't adding up here.

Shut up and listen to your dad.

i'm worried that the chargers know something we don't, i.e. rivers can't hack it at this level. why else would they unload him when brees has a torn labrum and their backup is feely? something isn't adding up here.

You're forgetting one important thing, Johnny - the new Jets OC wsa the QB coach in San Diego last year. ;)

my guess is sd is confient brees wil lbe fine (article in SI last week said his injury much different from cahd and he will be fine opening day),,

also rivers was schottehiemers golden choice he convinced SD GM to pick,,since then GM and schottenheimer on terible terms,,my guess GM is exerting power here and easing marty out,,,,,

Archived