Seahawks | Hutchinson facing the franchise tag

Smizzy

Seahawks | Hutchinson facing the franchise tag

Sat, 11 Feb 2006 07:35:27 -0800

Jose' Miguel Romero, of the Seattle Times, reports Seattle Seahawks OG Steve Hutchinson could have the franchise tag designation slapped on him by the team. The designation means Hutchinson, who just finished his fifth season, would next season be paid the average of the top five salaries in the NFL for offensive linemen from 2005. That is, if he signs the one-year franchise tender. The team could still reach a long-term deal with Hutchinson before Feb. 23, the last day teams can designate a franchise player.

Next.

They agreed when Alexander signed his Franchise Tender that the Seahawks would not be able to Franchise him again. Otherwise they would definitely slap it on him again. I hear a lot of people have Alexander walking to Carolina if Seattle can't sign him before March.

In an interview yesterday he told reporters Carolina would be a nice place to play. The seahawks went to the SB....they do everything under the sun to keep Alexander,The leagues MVP in Seattle for the rest of his career.

There is very little loyalty left in pro sports. Greed is paramount. The almight dollar... just as it's supposed to be in the United States. Where ever Shaun decides to play, he's going to be the highest paid running back in the league. It wouldn't shock me to see him in Carolina. It wouldn't shock me to see him stay in Seattle, either. If he doesn't go to Carolina, Edge will.

Archived