POTW - February 15th, 2006

GreenBeans

This week's POTW goes to a first time winner for his views on Adam Vinteri replacement in New England. shutout did a fine job in his analysis, and for this work has his post has been selected POTW. Congrats to shutout on this award - go read his post on front page. There were several spit your coffee out of your nose nominations this week so it made it tough for the crack POTW staff to make this selection.

---------------

Originally Posted by Garb

I thought POSTS OF THE WEEK were supposed to be funny?

Originally Posted by Green DNA

Does Tx know that you are using his material?

Originally Posted by Garb

He asked me to post that on his behalf.....guess his arthritis is acting up again. Noodle Fingers.

----------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by PFSIKH

Reading what is between the lines.

How are you feeling and are you ready for Spring Training?

I'm ready to go. It's been great being able to train (i.e. take roids again). Last year, before the season, I missed a couple of months just trying to get healthy (i.e. missed a few cycles trying to avoid failing a drug test) . It's been exciting starting from Day 1 like I've normally done, training and working out (i.e. taking roids again). I feel great and I'm excited to get playing.

Originally Posted by GreenBeans

He is and surprisingly enough all of his kids turned out to be great kids.

Originally Posted by greengal

obviously Mrs. SJ must have been the primary parent

Originally Posted by Smizzy

So Im George Bush?

Originally Posted by greengal

a guy with less then a half a brain from the lone star state?

nah smizzy it is isnt you..... it is Tx...

-------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Maxman

I am pretty sure it is illegal to charge for anal. In some states it is illegal if you do it for free.

Take that for what it is worth. Because I have no idea what your post means.

Originally Posted by Green DNA

It's the gulfstream, I swear

manneken_pis_boy_peeing_urinating_outdoor_garden_water_fountain_pond_med.jpg

Originally Posted by Newjetster

Dude - I though you had to be IN cold water to shrink up like that?

Originally Posted by Bob

No, that's DisappointedWife, her handle on MarriedButLookingNation.com.

Whole different deal.

Originally Posted by JetFanByMarriage

Cool! Thanks for the info Bob I will have to check that site out!

Originally Posted by sirlancemehlot

The real reason Bradway was demoted: he was rediculously inept. He gave away the farm for some magic beans, then let the beans out of their contract. When you become the laughingstock of the league for giving your head coach up for a fourth rounder, letting the skins raid your talent, hiring and re-hiring the likes of testaverde, Q. Carter, keeping bollinger around when you have an injury prone QB, giving up second rounders just for the fun of it, losing nearly-locked-up D-back vets like winfeild and lynch because you forgot to bring a pen to the signing, giving up half a draft for a hobbled chubster who was outplayed by the seventh rounder lining up beside him, passing on Heath Miller for Doug Jolley and a kicker, handing over a starting linebacker to Minnesota for a 7th round pick, then giving up a pick for Pete Hunter who never made the squad, drafting a reach DE when you had two starting 1st round pro-bowl vet DE's, paying 64 mil for Penny, signing Damien Robinson and Sam Garnes and Chester McGlockton, releasing any decent young OL project we had, and getting us into Salary Cap Hell. These are likely the reasons he was demoted. I'm just guessing.

---------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by PatsFanTX

Oh for the love of mercy.

Max, why did you even think this clown needed a response?

Will you lighten up and let go of it.

You have agreat thing going here and the last thing you have to do is justify what you are trying to do to some "flaming troll".

Damn, I always wanted to use that word in a post.

13 will be proud of me.

-------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by R44

Thanks for noticing Smizz/men, hopefully the posters at Texans.com and Cardinal.com (a very lightly frequented board) can bandy this about ~LOL~

We may be wrong with our opinions, but we want to give honest opinions and be "trendsetters", not just recycle the same trash every site does after Kiper posts at ESPN Insider -- like DD.com projecting Cutler as a 1st rounder in July, when the entire Net thought he was 5th round to free agent type, just because he went to Vanderbilt.

Plus, honestly, we were posting actual quotes from real NFL in September saying Young would be a Matt Jones type prospect (move to WR)...

After one good season, with a great team, playing in a gimmicky/ spread offense , we have him going 10th overall and his "fans" lash out at us.... ~ WTF~

Gee, sorry, we don't blindly follow Kiper, who didn't even Cutler ranked among his 10 QB's in October?

How's that for a guru with insight?

---------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by quietjets

Sorry I am too drunk to pee on you...

Originally Posted by The Troll

That makes no sense.

I'll pee anywhere when I am drunk.

Originally Posted by Maxman

TX's Post Breakdown In A Post Chad World

1. Vilma is short - 42%

2. DFat is a bust - 39%

3. The Jets are still the Jets 12%

4. 1969 was a long time ago - 5%

5. Tied (various) - 2%

------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Bob

I can't imagine such a thing happening.

Originally Posted by JetFanFL

imagine being a moderator on another Jets forum and get replaced for no reason...better yet, this other forum didn't even have the nuts to let this moderator know

-----------------------------------------------------------

(In response to the which is the most over-rated franchise)

Originally Posted by feelthepain

I don't know, I think it's the NY Jerks!! One SB appearance in their history!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Matt39

How could you miss out on the Backstreet Boys?

I would have rather seen Michael Jacksons tit.

Someone get the cream...GOB's vaginal irritation has flared up again. Squat down big guy....get some air on it.

Originally Posted by sirlancemehlot

Welcome TGG, I hope you guys enjoy the board as much as I do. If you weren't aware, we play cyber Bingo on thursday nights and Monday afternoons are set aside for "Speed Dating with Max and Smizzy". Unfortunately, Max and Smizzy are the only two that participate. It gets awkward sometimes. I can't lie.

--------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by The Gun Of Bavaria

It is a privledge to read this thread about Chad Pennington

Originally Posted by abyzmul

Holy crap, this is an egotistical thread. Like there needed to be a TGG thread here? Everyone who came here knows why, there doesn't need to be a support group about it.

And then the BS flamewars between people here because of it, it's a testament to the patience of the mods here.

Just post normally, people, you do not need to make an entrance unless you're a troll. You're not setting up tents on the front lawn and showering with a hose in the JN.com backyard.

Originally Posted by rsherryjr

I just can't wait for TGG to open back up so maybe smizzy can cut down on the fun loving GG threads.

f.u.c.k.i.n. Hypocrite.

----------

So there you have it, POTW for February 15th, 2006. Be good, be happy, be warm, and remember to alwsy nominate your favorites!

GB

One other post that needs to be noted (and it has been separated on purpose) and thank goodness I can post it:

Originally Posted by Alk

Well, I'm back. I hope I didn't scare you guys too much by just sort of vanishing for this long. Sawyer was born on the 2nd. about 3 weeks premature. He was a big baby at 8 lbs. 8 oz. but his lungs didn't have time to fully develop. We had to rush him to Wesley Medical Center in Wichita. I wasn't far behind him once I stopped at home to load up with clothes. That night was probably the toughest night I've been through. I had to leave my wife in Salina to be with Sawyer. I got 2 1/2 hours of sleep that night or day I guess it was since it was about 5 in the morning when I finally fell asleep in the lobby. That day, I drove back to Salina to be with my wife for a few hours and to pick up Grant and take him back to Wichita. I never fully understood adrenaline until I had to drive almost 200 miles on that little of sleep.

The next two days were terrifying to say the last. We weren't able to hold him because of all of the cords he had coming out of him. We couldn't even touch him because everytime someone touched him he would get all worked up and his respirations would go through the roof. It seemed like at any second they were going to have to put him on a ventilator. Fortunately he was tough and every day after that he seemed to get a little bit better. Finally, last wednesday we had him off of everything but the IV in his head that they just used to give him antibiotics. We were able to stay in a family room at the hospital that night. That thursday, they gave him his last shot of antibiotics and removed the IV. We were able to take him home later that afternoon.

I would have given and update sooner but I got home to find that my computer had already been unhooked and moved to the basement where my new computer room is. So I spent most of the day today working down here and finally getting the computer up and running.

One final thing, when you guys are going through the McDonalds drive through and see that little Ronald McDonald house box, throw some money in there. We stayed there for the better part of the week and that place is incredible. For $15 a day we got a room to sleep in with our own bathroom and shower. They also have a kitchen fully stocked with food free of charge. It's an amazing place. Hopefully none of you will have to go through this but if you do, don't hesitate to look one of these places up. $100 a night for a hotel would have broke us for sure.

So anyway, I'm officially back. What have I missed?

Welcome back to Alk and a big JN POTW welcome to the world for SawyerAlk! Way to go, kiddo! :D

Archived