RIP UFO's Pete Way

UFO bass player Pete Way has died aged 69 after suffering 'life-threatening' injuries in an accident two months ago which eventually led to his death.  

The legendary founder of the iconic rock band died with his wife Jenny by his side on Friday morning. 

The father-of-two, who also founded groups Waysted and Fastway, and was the former bassist for Ozzy Osbourne leaves behind daughters Zowie and Charlotte.  

Icon: UFO bass player Pete Way has died aged 69 after suffering 'life-threatening' injuries in an accident two months ago which eventually led to his death

Icon: UFO bass player Pete Way has died aged 69 after suffering 'life-threatening' injuries in an accident two months ago which eventually led to his death

His passing was announced on the Pete Way Official Facebook page in a statement which read: 'Iconic bass player Pete Way founder of UFO, Waysted and, latterly, The Pete Way Band has died.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8629307/UFO-bass-player-Pete-Way-died-aged-69-suffering-life-threatening-injuries.html

Michael Schenker, who rose to international fame with Way as UFO's guitarist, wrote, "Oh my dear Pete. I am so sad. Your sweet existence has left us. I am in tears. You were more than you maybe knew. You were loved by everyone I know. I love you, Pete. God bless you forever. My condolences to your loved ones. From the depth of my heart. Fly away and enjoy Heaven"

Read More: UFO's Pete Way Dies: Rockers React | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/pete-way-dies-rockers-react/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

• Upvote 1