Release Chad Pennington and other crap!

The Fat Man

The only reason Chad Pennington may be a Jet this year is not because of his ability or his health. The real reason Sir Galla-Chad is even this far in the negotiation process is because he would cost too much money to let go. Put it this way, if the Jets could release him today with no penalty..they would!

If the team does restructure then they will have a difficult time using the medical cut which would save the team hard dollars. Now is the time to make a decision on him. He is physically unable to perform his job that he was contractually obligated to conduct. Speaking of contracts...

Kevin Mawae continues to babble about the NFL and team loyalty with respect to honoring contractual obligations. He refused to help the team and take a pay cut. Everyone in the NFL knows cotnracts are not guaranteed. He never complained when other players took pay cuts only when he had to take one. I guess Philly won't have a shotgun this year?

Another day...another John Abraham (and his mutliple agents) complaint to the media about leaving the Jets. C'mon Denver or Detroit!

I wonder what the team will do with its Tight End situation. I would start Paris and Nicky Hilton at this position before I would play Doug Jolley and Joel Dreessen.

Our defensive secondary could survive if David Barrett was released. Justin Miller is a stud and Derrick Strait is no worse than Barrett.

Dewayne Robertson better do something great this year. They say it takes 3-4 years for a DT to develop in the NFL.

Kevin Mawae continues to babble about the NFL and team loyalty with respect to honoring contractual obligations. He refused to help the team and take a pay cut. Everyone in the NFL knows cotnracts are not guaranteed. He never complained when other players took pay cuts only when he had to take one.

First off, Mawae already restructed his contract twice as a player for the Jets.

Second, he was not even asked to restructure this time around.

His release yesterday had nothing to do about money, but more about the direction Mangini is taking the team.

First off, Mawae already restructed his contract twice as a player for the Jets.

Second, he was not even asked to restructure this time around.

His release yesterday had nothing to do about money, but more about the direction Mangini is taking the team.

I'm quite sure Mawae was asked to restructure and he said he'd rather be cut than restructured.

I'm quite sure Mawae was asked to restructure and he said he'd rather be cut than restructured.

Restructuring in some cases doesn't mean a pay cut. It could be

a player has salary turned into a guaranteed bonus, which is

beneficial to the player. I think this was the case with Mawae previously.

Also its very obvious he was cut because they are going in another

direction, meaning younger and cheaper.

I would have kept him for another year to give a little leadership

and stability to a young Ol but if they go into the FA market for

Ol vets this could be taken care of that way.

The only reason Chad Pennington may be a Jet this year is not because of his ability or his health. The real reason Sir Galla-Chad is even this far in the negotiation process is because he would cost too much money to let go. Put it this way, if the Jets could release him today with no penalty..they would!

If the team does restructure then they will have a difficult time using the medical cut which would save the team hard dollars. Now is the time to make a decision on him. He is physically unable to perform his job that he was contractually obligated to conduct.

ahhh dr. fat man, im glad to hear your medical analysis of chad. It's good to know that a real professional, unlike dr. andrews, can tell us the TRUTH, that chad really can't play football anymore. I'm sure you've undergone endless hours of tests and examination of chad and his shoulder, so i thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting all jets fans know the truth!

thank you soo much!

ahhh dr. fat man, im glad to hear your medical analysis of chad. It's good to know that a real professional, unlike dr. andrews, can tell us the TRUTH, that chad really can't play football anymore. I'm sure you've undergone endless hours of tests and examination of chad and his shoulder, so i thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting all jets fans know the truth!

thank you soo much!

shut up! All you ever say is crap! go sell crack to elelmentary school kids at inner school playgrounds and leave me alone jackoff!

shut up! All you ever say is crap! go sell crack to elelmentary school kids at inner school playgrounds and leave me alone jackoff!

actually you post the crap...i just mock and insult your crap

thank you soo much!

I guess you're the type of person that needs to go to the doctor when you have a cold, because you don't have the "medical experience" to realize it's a cold. The rest of the world can actually survive without "experts" telling them what is obvious. If a surgeon leaves a scalpel in a patient after surgery, I can tell the surgeon ****ed up without needing experts. When someone can't throw a football, I can tell without a doctor and "sports experts" needing to tell me this. It seems to me you're the one that has the problems, not the poster you were trying to insult.

I agree that his health doesn't matter, they would cut him if it was cost effective. In fact, they still might even if it isn't cost effective. There's only a couple scenarios that Pennington is our starter going into the season after next, and that is if he miraculously comes back with a stronger arm and plays the full season without injury. But to say that just because he won't be able to perform after he rehabs during his rehab, without any real proof that his rehab is going very badly is kind of unfair. The only time you will be able to tell if he won't be able to play is after the rehab.

And its not like A_V_M said he never got injured, so why would you compare major shoulder surgery and major shoulder rehab to a common cold, or sewing a scalpal into someone? I mean, its obvious that Pennington can't throw a football now during his rehab, and its obvious thats not what AVM meant. If you're using that logic, then you should condone immediately cutting any player after they have a major injured, despite any rehab they will go through. Uhgg, I can't believe I'm defending this guy. :puke:

Archived