Looks like Milbury had to get fired

JetsMan57

to actually smarten up. I like this Parrish/Sopel trade a lot. Looks like we fleeced the Kings. We get two of their top prospects (2 former first rounders) for Sopel who is completely horrible, and Parrish, who I likef but was very medicore defensively, never backed checked, and was gonna ask for more money than he was worth this summer as a FA. It clears salary cap room too.

I have to wonder if the Kings actually watched Sopel play this year. He just stinks. Getting him off the team was a big accomplishment, getting a first round prospect for him is a complete heist.

According to a reliable source on one of the Islander boards I attend, Blake, Kvasha, Lukowhich, Zhitnik and Snow are still being shopped.

Good to see the organization is breaking down the team, looking to trade some of the vets while their value is at its peak (blake) and looking towards the future instead of selling out for a first round ass-wh!pping this year.

I agree JetsMan. Mike finally woke up. By the way, what do we have to show for Luongo now? Not much. This team needed to be totally dissected to get Mad Mike's fingerprints off of it.

The Islanders could have had Luongo, Jokinen and their choice of either Heatly or Gaborik.

Sad, sad, sad.

Archived