Dolphins & Redskins expected to make a push for Kemoeatu

Smizzy

Dolphins | Team expected to make a push for Kemoeatu

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 05:23:06 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports the Miami Dolphins appear to be making a strong move for unrestricted free agent DT Ma'ake Kemoeatu (Ravens), who could demand a contract in the range of five years for $20 million. Agent Ken Vierra said he has not had any conversations with the Dolphins about Kemoeatu, but he expects many teams to show interest in the Baltimore run-stuffer

5 yr 20mil...

Well looks like we can forget him. Too bad, would have done well alongside D-Rob. What about the FA DT from the Giants, Clancy or something to that effect? He is a space taker upper from what I've read he is the type of DT that would fit nicely and come cheaply. Although the last DT we got from the Giants didn't exactly pan out.

If he can truly stuff the run that effectively, he's worth it. All the other playmakers with sexier stats (sacks/int's) won't amount to a hill of beans if teams can run up the gut and/or convert 3rd/4th & short at will against us. We won't have to worry about NT until 2011. By the last years of his contract, the salary cap should be pushing $120M (maybe more) & he'll seem like a bargain.

We have MUCH more cap space than the Phins do.... yes, he would be expensive, but I honestly don't see another option if Mangini wants to go 3-4. If Mangini wants him, we will win a bidding war, and this is the only FA that I see that is worth overspending for. In fact, it's the ONLY high profile FA I see this FO going after.

We have MUCH more cap space than the Phins do.... yes, he would be expensive, but I honestly don't see another option if Mangini wants to go 3-4. If Mangini wants him, we will win a bidding war, and this is the only FA that I see that is worth overspending for. In fact, it's the ONLY high profile FA I see this FO going after.

Not to mention the 'phins are also looking for a QB, though I could see them taking a shot on Croyle/Whitehurst in the mid-2nd round & going 1 more year (or 1/2 year) with Frerotte & take Watson with their first-rounder. Would make more sense for a team with cap issues.

Archived