Saints | Slingblade won't be back

Smizzy

Saints | Brooks won't be back

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 21:51:11 -0800

Les East, of the Advocate, reports New Orleans Saints general manager Mickey Loomis confirmed the long-anticipated departure of QB Aaron Brooks hours before the league's trading and free agent-signing period got off to a belated start thanks to the protracted negotiations on a new labor agreement. "We're going to move on," Loomis told SIRIUS NFL Radio. "That's what it comes down to and how we do that will be determined in the next few weeks." Loomis said it's unlikely the Saints will be able to trade Brooks.

I'd rather go after Brooks then Ramsey. In the comparison of 2 mediocore QB's i'd go for the guy who has more then one way of making plays (his legs.)

Aaron Brooks may possibly be the dumbest man to ever play the quarterback position. I would take Brooks Bollinger over him any day of the week. BB can make plays with his feet too, right?:rolleyes:

Aaron Brooks may possibly be the dumbest man to ever play the quarterback position. I would take Brooks Bollinger over him any day of the week. BB can make plays with his feet too, right?:rolleyes:

Brooks has proved he can score points in this league, somthing bollinger couldn't do. And comparing their arms is a total mismatch. Also if not for the terrible saints D brooks would've been in the playoffs at least 3 times.

Brooks has proved he can score points in this league, somthing bollinger couldn't do. And comparing their arms is a total mismatch. Also if not for the terrible saints D brooks would've been in the playoffs at least 3 times.

If you want the Jets to sign Aaron Brooks, then you have never once seen the dumb bastard play.

Has panicked under pressure and thrown the ball thirty yards in the wrong direction? Check.

Has thrown an interception with his left hand? Check.

Throws the ball directly to large groups of defenders whenever he's blitzed? Check.

Runs up to 25-yards backwards under pressure? Check.

If we get to play 11 on 4 with no pass rushers, go ahead and sign Aaron Brooks. Anything else, stay the **** away from him. Sage Rosenfels is better than Brooks. Every single free agent QB is better than Aaron Brooks. Aaron Brooks thinks he is Michael Vick, but he has the speed of Jake Plummer. He does have the brain of Vick, though.

If you want the Jets to sign Aaron Brooks, then you have never once seen the dumb bastard play.

Has panicked under pressure and thrown the ball thirty yards in the wrong direction? Check.

Throws the ball directly to large groups of defenders whenever he's blitzed? Check.

If we get to play 11 on 4 with no pass rushers, go ahead and sign Aaron Brooks. Anything else, stay the **** away from him. Sage Rosenfels is better than Brooks. Every single free agent QB is better than Aaron Brooks. Aaron Brooks thinks he is Michael Vick, but he has the speed of Jake Plummer. He does have the brain of Vick, though.

I have seen the guy play and while i have seen him make dumb throws i've also seen him make alot of good plays. IF you take a look at brooks' numbers they are very respectable bordering on good. He's had 4 years of QB ratings over 79, 4 seasons of over 24 TD's and 36 more TD's then INT's over his carrer. In fact last year was the first year where he had more INT's then TD's and that was with just a horrible team. Ramsey dosn't have anywhere near that on his resume. Also remember the jets resigned chad. Neither ramsey or brooks would have been looked on to be the jets franchise QB's for 5 years. The numbers don't lie. Brooks has had the MUCH better carrer.

I have seen the guy play and while i have seen him make dumb throws i've also seen him make alot of good plays. IF you take a look at brooks' numbers they are very respectable bordering on good. He's had 4 years of QB ratings over 79, 4 seasons of over 24 TD's and 36 more TD's then INT's over his carrer. In fact last year was the first year where he had more INT's then TD's and that was with just a horrible team. Ramsey dosn't have anywhere near that on his resume. Also remember the jets resigned chad. Neither ramsey or brooks would have been looked on to be the jets franchise QB's for 5 years. The numbers don't lie. Brooks has had the MUCH better carrer.

Numbers do not tell the whole story.

I've see every Saints game, I can't hide from them. When I go to the bar, they are on the bigscreen 10 feet in front of me. I don't even remotely like the Saints, yet it pisses me off to watch Aaron Brooks. He is so stupid, he honestly doesn't have the first clue how to play the quarterback position. If he's so good, why is he getting CUT by the Saints? Surely, someone would pony up a pathetic 7th rounder for a QB of his stature, right? It's because NFL teams have game film. No one wants Aaron Brooks because they know exactly what everyone else (except madmike and PeterNorth) know: Aaron Brooks is too stupid to be a successful quarterback.

Numbers do not tell the whole story.

I've see every Saints game, I can't hide from them. When I go to the bar, they are on the bigscreen 10 feet in front of me. I don't even remotely like the Saints, yet it pisses me off to watch Aaron Brooks. He is so stupid, he honestly doesn't have the first clue how to play the quarterback position. If he's so good, why is he getting CUT by the Saints? Surely, someone would pony up a pathetic 7th rounder for a QB of his stature, right? It's because NFL teams have game film. No one wants Aaron Brooks because they know exactly what everyone else (except madmike and PeterNorth) know: Aaron Brooks is too stupid to be a successful quarterback.

Good qb's get cut all the time. The numbers don't lie. Aaron Brooks is capeable of scoring points in the NFL. Neither bollinger or ramsey have proved they are capeable of that as of yet. Do i want aaron brooks to be the franchise QB of the jets? hell no! but he gives us the best chance to win games next year in my opinion as a QB who can play untill chad is ready.

Good qb's get cut all the time. The numbers don't lie. Aaron Brooks is capeable of scoring points in the NFL. Neither bollinger or ramsey have proved they are capeable of that as of yet. Do i want aaron brooks to be the franchise QB of the jets? hell no! but he gives us the best chance to win games next year in my opinion as a QB who can play untill chad is ready.

Did you know that in 2004, the Saints scored in the 1st quarter of only 3 games? Did you know that in the past two seasons,Aaron Brooks has thrown 5 more interceptions than Ramsey has in his entire career, despite playing in five less games than Ramsey? Did you know he has not once completed 60% of his passes?

Aaron Brooks is a terrible, terrible quarterback. Thankfully, he doesn't even appear to be on the Jets radar. We should all drop to our knees and thank the skies for that.

Did you know that in 2004, the Saints scored in the 1st quarter of only 3 games? Did you know that in the past two seasons,Aaron Brooks has thrown 5 more interceptions than Ramsey has in his entire career, despite playing in five less games than Ramsey? Did you know he has not once completed 60% of his passes?

Aaron Brooks is a terrible, terrible quarterback. Thankfully, he doesn't even appear to be on the Jets radar. We should all drop to our knees and thank the skies for that.

I don't see how a guy with 3 years of 80+ qb rating is terrible when ramsey hasn't come close to that in his carrer. Let me also remind you that in the past 2 years Brooks has thrown just as many TD's as ramsey has in his 5 years in the NFL.

Just in case you can read!!

After five seasons in New Orleans (2000-04), Brooks ranks second in club history in every major passing category - including yards (16,274), attempts (2,340), completions (1,323) and touchdowns (107) - and first with an 81.5 passer rating. He has emerged as one of the NFL's top quarterbacks since 2001, with 98 touchdown tosses over that span and over 3,500 yards each season. Brooks has thrown for over 250 yards in a team-record 28 regular season games, and in 30 contests including the playoffs. In 2004, he completed 309-of-542 attempts for 3,810 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. It was the fourth straight season where he had over 20 touchdown passes and over 3,500 passing yards, with both streaks signifying the best in Saints record books. Since arriving in New Orleans, he has emerged as one of the NFL's top comeback artists by engineering 16 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, including five in 2004. Brooks took over as the team leader in 2000 in relief of injured starter Jeff Blake in Week 11 (vs. Oakland, 11/19/00), started the following week and has not missed the opening snap since. Brooks has played in 72 regular-season games with the Saints, including starting the last 69 contests. His 441 passing yards vs. Denver (12/3/00) is the highest single-game total in franchise history, and Brooks is also the only Saints quarterback to rush for over 100 yards in a contest (108 vs. San Francisco, 12/10/00). Last season vs. the Broncos (11/21/04), Brooks set club marks for attempts (60) and completions (34) in a contest.

Your right he sucks!!! I can't believe people on here listen to a word you write.

After five seasons in New Orleans (2000-04), Brooks ranks second in club history in every major passing category - including yards (16,274), attempts (2,340), completions (1,323) and touchdowns (107) - and first with an 81.5 passer rating. He has emerged as one of the NFL's top quarterbacks since 2001, with 98 touchdown tosses over that span and over 3,500 yards each season. Brooks has thrown for over 250 yards in a team-record 28 regular season games, and in 30 contests including the playoffs. In 2004, he completed 309-of-542 attempts for 3,810 yards, with 21 touchdowns and 16 interceptions. It was the fourth straight season where he had over 20 touchdown passes and over 3,500 passing yards, with both streaks signifying the best in Saints record books. Since arriving in New Orleans, he has emerged as one of the NFL's top comeback artists by engineering 16 game-winning drives in the fourth quarter or overtime, including five in 2004. Brooks took over as the team leader in 2000 in relief of injured starter Jeff Blake in Week 11 (vs. Oakland, 11/19/00), started the following week and has not missed the opening snap since. Brooks has played in 72 regular-season games with the Saints, including starting the last 69 contests. His 441 passing yards vs. Denver (12/3/00) is the highest single-game total in franchise history, and Brooks is also the only Saints quarterback to rush for over 100 yards in a contest (108 vs. San Francisco, 12/10/00). Last season vs. the Broncos (11/21/04), Brooks set club marks for attempts (60) and completions (34) in a contest.

Your right he sucks!!! I can't believe people on here listen to a word you write.

Wow i can't believe i have a dolphag fan backing me up... I feel dirty.

I don't see how a guy with 3 years of 80+ qb rating is terrible when ramsey hasn't come close to that in his carrer. Let me also remind you that in the past 2 years Brooks has thrown just as many TD's as ramsey has in his 5 years in the NFL.

Where the hell is TX when I need him? QB rating is an utterly meaningless statistic.

First of all, Ramsey has only been in the league for four years. Second, besides a hobbled Laveranues Coles, who exactly has Ramsey got to throw to? Certainly not Joe Horn or Mr. 4.19 Donte Stallworth. Also, in Ramsey's first two seasons, his running backs were Trung Canidate and a seemingly washed up Stephen Davis. In 2003, Clinton Portis struggled as well. Meanwhile, Aaron Brooks has had the luxury of 8 in the box his entire career with Ricky Williams and Deuce McAllister. With Deuce nicked up in 2004 and injured last season, we got to see what Aaron Brooks looks like whenever teams aren't daring him to beat them. The verdict: 34 TDs, 34 INTs. Totally mediocre. When you throw in that he has a collection of rocks where his brain should be, that turns into one awful quarterback. Let him come here and get to throw to Coles and McCareins while handing the ball off to a backfield by committee. That would be one ugly situation and I guarantee Aaron Brooks would put up worse numbers than Brooks Bollinger did last year. Sure, he would throw more than 7 touchdowns, but he would also quadruple Bollinger's 6 interceptions.

Yeah, I've only seen EVERY GOD DAMN GAME the son of a bitch has played. I have no clue what I am talking about. He has pretty good stats. I hope we sign him.

Yards and TD/INT ratio arn't meaningless stats and brooks blows ramsey away in both. I know some people have problems with the QB rating formula but if you look at the leaders in that stat the best QB's are at the top of that list. The top 4 are Manning Palmer Hasslebeck and Roethlisberger. Those guys were the 4 best QB's in the NFL last year...

Yards and TD/INT ratio arn't meaningless stats and brooks blows ramsey away in both. I know some people have problems with the QB rating formula but if you look at the leaders in that stat the best QB's are at the top of that list. The top 4 are Manning Palmer Hasslebeck and Roethlisberger. Those guys were the 4 best QB's in the NFL last year...

Was Chad Pennington the best in the NFL in 2002?:rolleyes:

Since rating is so important to you, if a QB were to have "achieved" Aaron Brooks' career passer rating of 81.5 last season, he would have ranked 19th in the league. How's that for a stat?

Since rating is so important to you, if a QB were to have "achieved" Aaron Brooks' career passer rating of 81.5 last season, he would have ranked 19th in the league. How's that for a stat?

19th in the NFL would be better then Ramsey. And like i said before Brooks isn't gonna be the jets franchise. He's a stopgap untill chad gets healthy or we get a real franchise QB in the draft.

What part of his stats sucked the most??? His 107 TD passes, 98 since (01), His 16,000+ passing yrds, His 28 games with 250 yrds passing, His 81.5 passer rating, his 16 games with 4th qtr. comebacks, his 4 strait seasons of 3500 passing yrds and 20 plus TD passes, His nearly 4000 yrd passing season in 04, His ability to stay healthy with 69 of 72 games played, his ability to run??? What sucked the most??

God you have issues!!!

What part of his stats sucked the most??? His 107 TD passes, 98 since (01), His 16,000+ passing yrds, His 28 games with 250 yrds passing, His 81.5 passer rating, his 16 games with 4th qtr. comebacks, his 4 strait seasons of 3500 passing yrds and 20 plus TD passes, His nearly 4000 yrd passing season in 04, His ability to stay healthy with 69 of 72 games played, his ability to run??? What sucked the most??

God you have issues!!!

There is no stat on Earth that can make me believe Aaron Brooks is a good quarterback.

There is no stat that shows you how the guy panics in the face of a blitz and does things so utterly stupid it makes you honestly wonder if he can spell his name correctly. There is no stat that shows all the times he has called a timeout 5 seconds before the two-minute warning. There is no stat that shows how many yards a quarterback runs around behind the line of scrimmage before he forces a ball into double coverage.

So, he's the most prolific passer in Saints history? Wow! That's like coming in first in a "Who can eat the most **** sandwiches" contest. The Saints have been around for almost 30 years longer than the Jaguars, yet Brooks' numbers pale in comparison to Jacksonvilles' all-time leading passer. It doesn't exactly mean much when you are the biggest turd out of all the ones in the toilet.

There is no stat on Earth that can make me believe Aaron Brooks is a good quarterback.

There is no stat that shows you how the guy panics in the face of a blitz and does things so utterly stupid it makes you honestly wonder if he can spell his name correctly. There is no stat that shows all the times he has called a timeout 5 seconds before the two-minute warning. There is no stat that shows how many yards a quarterback runs around behind the line of scrimmage before he forces a ball into double coverage.

So, he's the most prolific passer in Saints history? Wow! That's like coming in first in a "Who can eat the most **** sandwiches" contest. The Saints have been around for almost 30 years longer than the Jaguars, yet Brooks' numbers pale in comparison to Jacksonvilles' all-time leading passer. It doesn't exactly mean much when you are the biggest turd out of all the ones in the toilet.

With all the bad things YOU just said about him, when was he supposed to find time to get all of those stats?? Either you're full of crap or his stats are!!! Gee, I wonder which I believe more??? Official NFL stats, or a guy that hates everything. I don't know, thats a tough one.

With all the bad things YOU just said about him, when was he supposed to find time to get all of those stats?? Either you're full of crap or his stats are!!! Gee, I wonder which I believe more??? Official NFL stats, or a guy that hates everything. I don't know, thats a tough one.

I would give anything I own for the Dolphins to sign him so you could find out.

Archived