Draft: Those who dont learn from history are doomed to repeat it

SouthernJet

We're gonna run 3-4....take it to the bank. Sure, we'll run 4-3, 5-2, 2-5, 1-6 and everything in between. It was Beli's nature to run many multiple looks, and I assume it will be Mangini's.

DT's, and DE's will plugged in here, and plugged in there, until we find a team oriented bunch of guys that can play D-line together. Bet your bottom dollar, Mangini will find 3-4 down lineman. Whether they are Leonard Marshall, Ted Washington or not...who the hell knows. But Mangini WILL play planty of 3-4.

I hardly beleive that Vilma is so horrible that he'll get B-slapped in the 3-4. You put Hawk next to him and you have 2 LB's that dont leave the field for first down through third down.......for the next 5-8 years!!!!

HAWK @ '04!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, you make it sound like it is so easy to find a big punishing NT. Good NT's like Ted Washington don't grow on trees. They are a rare commodity that we do not have right now and probably won't after the draft.

I never said Vilma was "horrible", I think he is excellent but he is too small to play ILB in a 3-4 scheme. Robertson is too small to play NT. Hawk isn't that good that we have to change our defensive game plan just so we can draft him. This guy hasn't played a down yet in the nfl and already you people have him pegged as the second coming of Lawrence Taylor.

You play to your player's strengths. If Mangini is smart he will stick with mostly a 4-3 scheme because that is what Vilma and Robertson are good in. Our defense played very well in '04 as a 4-3 and last year they were pretty good the only problem was the pathetic offense couldn't stay on field.

As for the qb situation. After the big 3 of Leinart, Young and Cutler all I see are stiffs. Just because once a upon a time Tom Brady was drafted in Round 6 doesn't mean every 6th round qb is a bona fide hall-of-famer.

Archived