Bills: Moulds deal expected by Thursday

Smizzy

Bills: Moulds deal expected by Thursday

March 28, 2006 5:42 PM ET

The News

The Texans and Eagles have emerged as the frontrunners to acquire wide receiver Eric Moulds via trade with the Bills. Moulds' personal advisor, Greg Johnson, told the Providence Journal on Tuesday that he expected a deal within the next 48 hours.

Our View

Moulds apparently prefers the Eagles, but the Texans are in better position to afford his asking price, rumored to be around $5 million per season.

I can see him in Philly.

If the Eagles expect him to replace Owens, they have gone off the deep end.

Moulds is a number 2. His best days are long behind him.

I disagree... He won't replace Owens and is a totally different type but he still has game. Without a solid QB last year and in an offense where he wasn't the focal point he still managed 81 grabs.

Not exactly mind blowing numbers but Moulds is still a very solid player. He runs good routes, has great hands and has stayed practically injury free for the past 10 years. He sure as hell doesn't deserve 5mil a season but I think he is a #1 reciever(which of course depends on what your opinion of one is).

In some peoples opinion there are only 5-10 #1 recievers in the whole league. Obviously a more practical look would be at saying Moulds is in the top 32 recievers in the league which I believe he is.

I disagree... He won't replace Owens and is a totally different type but he still has game. Without a solid QB last year and in an offense where he wasn't the focal point he still managed 81 grabs.

Not exactly mind blowing numbers but Moulds is still a very solid player. He runs good routes, has great hands and has stayed practically injury free for the past 10 years. He sure as hell doesn't deserve 5mil a season but I think he is a #1 reciever(which of course depends on what your opinion of one is).

In some peoples opinion there are only 5-10 #1 recievers in the whole league. Obviously a more practical look would be at saying Moulds is in the top 32 recievers in the league which I believe he is.

He caught 81 passes, but he only averaged 10 yards per catch, which is absolutely pathetic.

In the past three seasons COMBINED he has equaled his touchdown total from 2002, 10. If you think Eric Moulds is a #1, then you have very low standards.

Archived