Traffic Leaving MetLife

Hi Guys, I'm bringing my 11 year old son to his first Jets game on 12/3 vs. Atlanta.  We're from (you guessed it) Rochester, NY so we'll be heading west after the game is over.  It's been probably 20 years since my last Jets game, and I lived in NJ at the time, so I was wondering if any of you guys know how bad it normally is trying to head west after Jets games?  I understand heading back toward NYC is probably awful, but not sure about the other direction.  Thanks in advance!

16 hours ago, Rochester Jets said:

Ok, so I also bought a “Gold” level parking pass.  Can you park anywhere in a gold lot on game day, or do they tell you which spot to park in?  Figured being closer to the exit might help.  

Anywhere within the lot.  Based on where you're going, your best bet is to park at the back corner of either Lot F or Lot J, as close to an exit as you can get.  This way you can get out relatively quickly and get on 3 West.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:11 AM, Rochester Jets said:

Hi Guys, I'm bringing my 11 year old son to his first Jets game on 12/3 vs. Atlanta.  We're from (you guessed it) Rochester, NY so we'll be heading west after the game is over.  It's been probably 20 years since my last Jets game, and I lived in NJ at the time, so I was wondering if any of you guys know how bad it normally is trying to head west after Jets games?  I understand heading back toward NYC is probably awful, but not sure about the other direction.  Thanks in advance!

I go West from the stadium also.  I take the nearest exit out to Route 3 West and that will get you over to 80 west in 15 minutes with very little traffic.

Although it's an extra 1 minute walk, we park in Lot K (near the GIants training facility). You can also use J.  Lot K exits to the side to the road direct to 3 with little to no traffic.  5 minute walk + 0-5 minute wait to get out.  

I've tried everything over the last 30 years.  This is the best if you are going West.

• Post of the Week 1