Interesting bottom of the roster move: Releasing Nick Bawden / Signing Jacques Patrick

Sarge4Tide

Lost in all the chaos and drama was the interesting move of the Jets releasing Nick Bawden to make a roster spot for Aaron Rodgers.

Bawden was, of course, a blocking fullback and special teamer.  He didn't play much on offense and was probably occupying the very last spot on the roster, so it was no surprise to see him released.

In an interesting corresponding move, the Jets signed journeyman fullback Jacques Patrick to the practice squad.  He's bounced around to various NFL practices squads and minor leagues.  At first glance, it's a minor forgettable move, but Patrick was a highly recruited player out of high school and played well in college at Florida State.

Patrick is athletic and has shown some potential in his various stops.  It'll be interesting to see if he gets activated for any of the 3 remaining games.  

It's one of those bottom of the roster moves that might mean nothing, or might be something to watch.  Let's keep an eye on it.

Patrick Highlights

• Upvote 2

Sadly I watched a lot of XFL and USFL and I thought Patrick for sure would be getting Carries for an nfl team this season as a rotational guy , runs very hard and surprisingly quick for his size . He split carries with Kalen Ballage on the San Antonio team and Patrick was clearly the better rb

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app