Lombo~Friend of the Progrum

On 6/14/2024 at 2:09 PM, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Saleh doesn’t have anywhere near the level of gravitas necessary to command a locker room.

He’s a million miles away from Parcells and Tomlin in terms of respect / fear factor.

Saleh’s best bet is to try to play the Pete Carroll rah rah player’s coach angle, but he can’t even pull that off either because he has the worst poker face in the league 🤡🤣

At the moment Rodgers went down, the head coach clearly wore an expression that screamed he wanted to off himself.

image.jpeg.1d8b219a889df5184b16edd67724b499.jpeg

As Mcafee points out, Saleh has the aura of a phony. The index cards when he knew he was going to be on TV- is this speech something you researched or did your need something for the cameras? Players especially vets see through that. The golf stuff is mainly jokes, but Saleh does seem like the guy who leaves his suit jacket on the desk chair, leaves the lights on in his office and is sneaking out the back door to hit the driving range. 

• Upvote 1

To me, this is much to do about nothing.  I get it's an unexcused absence, but excused.  Rodgers will pay the fine for missing mandatory mini camp, but the Jets are still okay with it.  

Rodgers has been there all the time up until now, and missing 2 days in shorts 40 days before camp is just no big deal to me.  The guy is 40 years old, and almost invented the system he will be operating from.  

Personally, I could care less that he missed the mini camp.  

Is Saleh a great leader of men?  No, he is not, but he is well liked by the players, so that accounts for something I suppose.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

To me, this is much to do about nothing.  I get it's an unexcused absence, but excused.  Rodgers will pay the fine for missing mandatory mini camp, but the Jets are still okay with it.  

Rodgers has been there all the time up until now, and missing 2 days in shorts 40 days before camp is just no big deal to me.  The guy is 40 years old, and almost invented the system he will be operating from.  

Personally, I could care less that he missed the mini camp.  

Is Saleh a great leader of men?  No, he is not, but he is well liked by the players, so that accounts for something I suppose.

To me that is the point.  This should have been nothing.  schematically this will not lose us a game technically.  This is about leadership, namely saleh and his ability to be a HC.  He was a rah rah coordinator and imo that is what he still is.  AR is for all intents and purposes who our HC is.  We could lose saleh for a whole year and I think we would be good as a team.  AR goes down again and look the f out...

• Upvote 1