What Tweaks can Jets Make to Help get Offense Going?

3 hours ago, AFJF said:

On this roster?  Today?  Who is more explosive?  Breece Hall knocking you socks off at 2 YPC?  I think he's hurt and the team is keeping it quiet.

You may be right about Breece but in 3 years has Izzy shown you anything on the field to indicaste that he is explosive?

This offense reminds me a bit of the last year of Brady in NE.  It looked like he was in decline and that his skill position players were no good, but in actuality they just simply hadn’t gelled together (injuries etc).  Every play was chaos, where you had a penalty here, a bad throw there, a missed route etc etc.   The next year the WRs played better without Brady, and he had an MVP worthy season in TB.  The point is that Its not necessarily the personel, the coaches or anything really, it can simply boil down to confidence and repititions.

Here we have multiple issues, and they seem to change every week.  Rogers himself said that they didn’t have a cadence problem throughout camp, only for it to appear 5 times in week2.

Sometimes we pass block well, other times it looks terrible.  Often it looks like Rogers is playing perfectly, then he had an absolute stinker last week.    

The one consistent thing is that we have terrible run blocking, and terrible run playcalling.  I get trying to keep things fundamental (Parcells used to run the same  4 run plays), but in the modern NFL I dont think that really works.  If nothing else, I think thats why Hackett got demoted.

The real problem is that it takes time to install completely new packages, and we are under some pressure to play better fast, lest the season get away from us.