Devils Down 2-0....

toon88

I just needed to vent somewhere about last nights game. Talk about going from the ultimate high to the ultimate low in a matter of 17 seconds!

Couple of things I need to rant about:

how the hell do you expect to win a game when you have 9, yes, 9 shots on goal after the 1st period???? The kid Ward was fighting off shots in the 1st period as if they were hand grenades! He was leaving rebounds all over the place, then they get 4 shots in the 2nd, 5 shots in the 3rd and 0 in the OT. :confused:

The absence of Colin White is MUCH bigger than I had thought. Guys are just camping out in front of the net without him there to knock them on their a s s. :Nuts: They need him back to clear out the crease.

This boggles my mind. You go up 2-1 with 20 secs left. Madden wins the draw so good, that they puck is drawn all the way down behind Brodeur, OK, no problem yet. NOW, when Carolina winds up controlling the puck with about 10 seconds left, Staal parks himself in front of the net, with Lukowich shadowing him. The puck is now sent from the corner towards Staal in front of the net, no please, someone, tell me why this didn't happen:

CROSS CHECK STAAL, TACKLE STAAL, WHATEVER, MAKE SURE HE DOESN'T GET A STICK ON THE PUCK!

2 minute penalty? 5 minute major? WHO CARES!!!! THERE ARE 3 SECONDS LEFT!!! worse case scenerio is a face-off, down 6 on 4...WITH 3 SECONDS ON THE CLOCK!!! :Cuss: :Cuss: :Cuss:

The OT goal that won the game was a flukey goal. He lost control of the puck, without even knowing it, and the puck slid under Brodeur. not much to do about that. once that game went to OT, I gave the Devils about 5% chance of winning after giving up that goal with 3 secs left.

OK, like I said, I won't panic until they lose a home game, whether it be game 3 or game 4. obviously if they lose game 3, it's over, but I'm not ready to throw dirt on the Devils just yet.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night. :cheers:

NETS ASST. & MY LIFELONG FRIEND, PAT SULLIVAN, IS A DEVILS FAN JETHEELZ....HE IS ON MY SIDE! ;)

LoL, hey its all good!!

For all we know the Canes could go flat and lose the next couple games, although its unlikely. One thing is for sure- they cannot rest easy now with a 2-0 lead because that kind of mindset will lose a series for a team.

LoL, hey its all good!!

For all we know the Canes could go flat and lose the next couple games, although its unlikely. One thing is for sure- they cannot rest easy now with a 2-0 lead because that kind of mindset will lose a series for a team.

True enough. Montreal was up 2-0 on Carolina headed back to their home building in Canada and lost the series, after all.

Taps is playing in the meadowlands, and it's not for Chad's career, it'f for the Devils.

Carolina is a MUCH better team than I gave them credit for going into the playoffs. Ward hasn't been tested this round, which is a bad job by the Devils forwards. Hopefully they can save a LITTLE face and not get swept for the 1st time in franchise history on Saturday.

devils were beat badly by a better team in this series, no doubt. Carolina was a much quicker and better defensive team. this game again, the devils can't expect to win when they get 3 shots on goal in the 2nd & 4 in the 3rd.

had a good year, but a 2nd RD playoff exit is a dissappointing season for this organization. they need to pick up another offensive-defenseman, as well as a physical stay at home defenseman (Chara is a FA!!!) but the most important part of their off-season is no doubt, re-sign Elias. it's not a coincidence that they turned their season around when he came back halfway into the season.

They lost this series with 3.7 seconds left in game 2.

no doubt...it all started with Brind'amour losing the faceoff on purpose, allowing Madden to draw the puck all the way into the zone. THEN with Lukowich standing next to Staal in front of the net asking him for his autograph instead of knocking him on his ass! GOAL...series over.

I stand by my original statement Devils overachieved - they were not one of the best teams in the league -15 game streak got them too hyped up

Most people believed the Canes would win this series. The Devils were not overhyped, all things considered. You can't help but look on in awe at a team that wins 15-straight games in an 82-game schedule, including a dominant sweep over their arch rivals.

But to say they were overhyped is just bitterness talking. They were only overhyped in their own market. Most reasonable fans in the national setting felt the Hurricanes would win. I never said we would beat them, either, but felt the series would be a 6 or 7 game series.

In any case, each team had a "blowout". The difference was, the Canes won the close ones. And that's all that really matters. Hats off to them, and here's to the Canes beating Buffalo.

Archived