The Kidds are alright

Gang Green Girl

Hey TomShane: Interesting comment that your boy, Jason made about his future with the Nets......

Jason Kidd and his wife, Joumana, are hitting out at rumors that their marriage is in trouble again.

"I haven't moved out of the house, unless we've gotten a bigger house and I didn't know about it," the Nets player told us last night.

Kidd pleaded guilty to domestic abuse in 2001. Speculation that the couple were again on the rocks arose when he recently stopped blowing his trademark kiss to Joumana every time he took the free throw line.

But the family was all smiles yesterday at the NBA Store, where Kidd and his son, T.J., got their heads shaved to benefit the St. Baldrick's Foundation for pediatric cancer research.

"I don't see any rocks," Kidd said. "Maybe they're confusing my marriage with my relationship with the Nets."

Kidd isn't going anywhere unless Kobe tries to force his way out of LA this off-season. Kidd does not do well when pressed by the media, so I imagine this is just his way of defelcting attention off of some very real personal problems with his wife. Kidd is never, ever happy with management anyway, so it wouldn't surprise me to see him beg to be traded after the season, but when he realizes that he's coming back next year to a team with Vince, RJ and a lotter pick at PF, I think he'll be happy to stick around.

Archived