Jets | Martin could be switched to reserve/PUP list

FoxJet

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:37:33 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports speculation is mounting that New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) could be moved from the active/physically-unable-to-perform list to the reserve/physically-unable-to-perform list next month and would miss the first half of the season.

:Typotux:

Tue, 8 Aug 2006 09:37:33 -0700

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports speculation is mounting that New York Jets RB Curtis Martin (knee) could be moved from the active/physically-unable-to-perform list to the reserve/physically-unable-to-perform list next month and would miss the first half of the season.

:Typotux:

Shocking.

speculation means that it IS happening..

Trade a 3rd round pick for a RB...

Speculation means that the writer just realized that if he isn't practicing by cut down time this is what they will have to do. Every genius on every board has brought this up and that is why there are 348 threads about us trading for some reject running back.

so what your saying is blaylock and houston are to be feared by opposing teams?

I'd trade a 3rd in a hearbeat for chris brown.

I think they're going to wait at until they play at least one or two preseason games before they try to pick someone up. Who knows, maybe Blaylock and/or Houston steps it up in preseason.

so what your saying is blaylock and houston are to be feared by opposing teams?

I'd trade a 3rd in a hearbeat for chris brown.

What I'm saying is that we have no idea what we have in Martin. He seems like he's probably done, but Mangini probably has some idea and hasn't pulled the trigger yet. Chris Brown is injury prone and his asking for a trade does not bode well. He is in the last year of his deal and will seek a new contract if we get him. I don't think he'll end up worth the risk and investment. I'll stand pat and take my chances. Of course, I'm not a big Chris Brown fan and think if this were coming off '04 people would be saying hmmm, a #3 for Blaylock might not be that bad, he had 4.6 yds per and 8 tds.

I'm assuming #28 is done until week 6 at least more than likely. My question is if he's IR'd is there any cap relief for this season? If there is, IR him and see what is out there after final cuts - there are always a few surprises out there ala Pete Kendall.

Archived