Erics pregame strategy vs Herm's

SouthernJet

This is what Eric did in Jet hotel before game:

"I was proud of the way they came back from adversity," Mangini said. "I'm proud of Chad's poise. We watched the [Jose Luis Castillo vs. Diego] Corrales fight [from last October] last night and it got to the 10th and Corrales gets knocked down twice and gets back up and knocks out Castillo.

"We're going to be in fights similar to that and we're going to punch early and we're going to have to punch often. We're going to get knocked down. The question is how often are we going to get back up? "Well," Mangini went on with conviction, "we're going to get back up. That's something that we've been working on and I think we saw it here. Chad orchestrated a drive late in the game and defensively seeing their drive end in the red zone. That's the type of character I'm looking for."

Herm's pregame Strategy at hotel before game:

we went into the Hotels kitchen and had the Hotels main chef show us the different types of sides and condiments that make up a good BBQ. He explained how when things get tough and the store is out of collards or Texas Pete's you have to conservative and not try anything adventerous and just get by with what you have. thats the safest way to go.

after the titans hit their second 2-point conversion i thought "here we go, same old jets" the fact that we scored on the subsequent drives speaks volumes for the differences in this regime versus the old one. after the titans tied it up is there anyone who would doubt at all that herm would've sat on the ball to "protect the tie" and try to win in overtime? of course, his "strategery" would've backfired, we would've gone 3 and out after 3 straight running plays and would've given them a chance to win in regulation. seriously, does anyone doubt this????

Archived