former jet talks to school children

jetsrule128

NFL: RAIDERS: Foschi Speaks with Students

This past Tuesday, Oakland Raiders fullback John Paul Foschi spoke at Wilson Elementary School in Richmond, Calif., on the importance of exercise and listening to parents and teachers. The children are participants in an after school program that helps students with homework, teaches them about science and other academic subjects, and sports, especially flag football.

During Foschi's speech, the children were very attentive and interested in what he had to say. Director of Wilson's Reading and Learning Center Reginald Figgs stated, "The kids look up to him. They really take what he has to say to heart."

Figgs believes that having Foschi visit at the beginning of the school year was beneficial so that the children are motivated to concentrate harder on school and their flag football program. After every Raiders game, Figgs and the students are going to follow Foschi's statistics throughout the season. This, Figgs hopes, will remind the kids of Foschi's speech. "That if nothing else, we converted more kids to being Raider fans," said Figgs.

Foschi really enjoyed talking to the elementary school children and seeing how much they were interested in what he had to say. He acknowledges that children look up to professional athletes and celebrities. When asked if there was a teacher, parent, or role model in his life when he was growing up, Foschi said, "If I could remember I would tell you, but I would have to say that my parents and teachers definitely had a large impact on my life when I was growing up."

Overall, the kids and Wilson Elementary staff who were present thoroughly enjoyed Foschi's visit. Following the speech, Foschi signed autographs and posed for pictures with all the children. The kids had an amazing time and will brag to everyone that they know that they met The Oakland Raiders fullback J.P. Foschi.

i don't even remember what year this guy was on the jets, but i know he was.

i know they are kids but i got his autograph when he was a jet but i don't brag that i know him...if you asked someone about him they would say who

aw john paul foschi was waived

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Oakland Raiders waived fullback John Paul Foschi on Saturday and activated linebacker Ricky Brown from the practice squad.

Foschi, in his third year with the Raiders, did not play in Oakland's first three games. He played in 10 games last season and spent 2004 on the practice squad.

Brown is an undrafted free agent out of Boston College.

The Raiders have parted ways with Paul Foschi, waiving the second-year fullback on Saturday while signing linebacker Ricky Brown from the practice squad.

Foschi started five games and played in 10 for Oakland during the 2005 season. He split his time between offense and special teams, and though he didn't have a single carry, Foschi did catch six passes for 37 yards.

He went into training camp this season expecting to retain the starting fullback position but wound up splitting time with veteran Zack Crockett. This season, Foschi has played minimally on offense while Crockett has assumed the bulk of the workload at fullback.

Ricky Brown is an undrafted rookie free agent out of Boston College who impressed Oakland's coaching staff with a solid preseason and training camp. Brown was one of the team's final roster cuts but was quickly signed

Archived