Wali Lundy/Samkon Gado

oxscott

Since they're spliting, maybe we wont have a back run for 100 yrds on us . . . Will these 2 guys get 100 rush yards on us, or are we trying to turn that corner. Wouldn't this be a good week to stop the run?!?!

Are they splitting?? Or we gonna see mostly of a heavy dose of Lundy???

Since they're spliting, maybe we wont have a back run for 100 yrds on us . . . Will these 2 guys get 100 rush yards on us, or are we trying to turn that corner. Wouldn't this be a good week to stop the run?!?!

Are they splitting?? Or we gonna see mostly of a heavy dose of Lundy???

Lundy has more of the speed and I would expect him to gash a few, while they tend to use Gado in the heavier packages.

Ron Dayne is nowhere to be found

Not to worry though; I see a drive going something like this:

Texans:

Carr 4 of 6 for 30 yards,

Gado / Lundi 6 rushes for 35 yards

Middle screen or dump off pass to Jameel Cook (who upon further review made a football move) coughing up the ball at the 7 yard line.

Jets:

Pennington to Coles for 93 yard TD.

(on two consecutive possesions, breaking the record set last week by the Bills).

Wali Lundy is a hometown guy (star at an NJ HS) so he'll have a few fans there I'm sure. Samkon Gado did well for Green Bay last year but I havn't heard anything out of him since going to Houston. Lundy leads the team with 404 yards on 98 carries so their running game is struggling which will help our defense. The key to this game is stopping Andre Johnson & Eric Moulds and pressuring Carr is a big factor in doing that.

actually Gado got alot of carries last week... if they cannot stop the run the play action to Andre will be there all day

*goes to church and prays that 4Hcrew is dead on*

Obviously thats how its supposed to work for us, but we find ways to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Beleive it or not I'm not too worried about this season because I think Kubiak has us going in the right direction.... Plus Kubiak is hometown guy from here, and I know that he wants to turn this team around.

Has Kubiak said anything about one guy taking the load, i would think that with Lundy being a Jersey guy, and the starter for the past few weeks that he'll have an emotional game with alot of incentive to do well, thus getting the bulk of the load.

The speed guy, Lundy, poses more of a threat than the heavy load Gado. Atleast he does against our D.

Has Kubiak said anything about one guy taking the load, i would think that with Lundy being a Jersey guy, and the starter for the past few weeks that he'll have an emotional game with alot of incentive to do well, thus getting the bulk of the load.

The speed guy, Lundy, poses more of a threat than the heavy load Gado. Atleast he does against our D.

The only thing Kubiak really talks about is RB by commitee.. He's usually announces Lundy as the starter, but is quick to point out that Gado will get "some" carries. Kinda treats it as a 1 - 2 punch... Of course if one guy is having decidely more affect than the other - well, I won't state the obvious.

Archived