Hate to start another topic, but 1997=2006?

EvanstonJet

Very similar seasons huh?

The 97' team under Parcells made an improbable playoff run, and then blew by losing 3 of their last 4(starting with a loss to the Bills).

Actually I was thinking that myself this morning. Different teams, different reasons for this & that, but as a whole it feels eerily familiar. We had no business in the bowl in '97 any more than this year, yet we were cursing the name Leon Johnson all offseason.

Also, the QB situation - going into '98 it was VERY unstable to say the least. Glenn Foley was elected team captain in the offseason. We signed Vinny b/c Baltimore couldn't get rid of him fast enough. People going nuts b/c we didn't get Manning (or Leaf :)) and wtf are we going to do about the QB position.

Funny.

Actually I was thinking that myself this morning. Different teams, different reasons for this & that, but as a whole it feels eerily familiar. We had no business in the bowl in '97 any more than this year, yet we were cursing the name Leon Johnson all offseason.

Also, the QB situation - going into '98 it was VERY unstable to say the least. Glenn Foley was elected team captain in the offseason. We signed Vinny b/c Baltimore couldn't get rid of him fast enough. People going nuts b/c we didn't get Manning (or Leaf :)) and wtf are we going to do about the QB position.

Funny.

Maybe we can sign Jake Plummer?

This all seems eerily familiar because it is the GAWD DAMN JETS! Though 97' might have been ironically similar to this year (remains to be seen if we lose 3 of last 4), this is certainly not a new feeling of displeasure with this franchise. This is the same disgusting feeling I get every year when I have realized it will be at least until next year that my team will make me proud. Don't get me wrong, I will be a Jets fan til death, but I am starting to believe I will reach death before being a Jets fan will pay off.

Archived