Jason Kidd- might the Nets trade him?

faba

Kobe, LeBron open to adding another star to squads

ESPN.com news services

espn-146x46-0051.jpg

Kobe Bryant and LeBron James could use some help for their teams, but they haven't asked for it.

Rumor CentralKidd

Both players said they hadn't talked to their respective teams about any moves heading into Thursday's NBA trade deadline.

Nets president Rod Thorn told ESPN Insider's Chris Sheridan on Sunday that there was only a "5 percent chance" that he would trade anyone on his roster by Thursday's deadline.

The Lakers are one of the teams mentioned in the rumors of a Jason Kidd trade out of New Jersey, and Kidd came up behind Bryant for a hug Saturday afternoon. And while Bryant said "Who doesn't" want a player like Kidd on his team, he didn't know how much of a chance there was of it happening.

"I just kind of hear basically what you guys hear," Bryant said. "I hear all the talk going on but I don't really know the seriousness of it or the possibility of it.

"In our position, we're a team that's extremely young and if you have an opportunity to bring a player like Jason Kidd in, that's something that you definitely, definitely have to look at. Nobody's approached me on it yet, that's why I don't know if it's talk or if it's rumor."

James' Cavaliers were inconsistent for most of the first half of the season, and they could surely use another player to complement their superstar. But James said he had no plans to talk to Cleveland management about making a deal.

"We haven't really talked about that," he said. "I think right now our team has been very successful, not where we might have wanted to be but we finished up the first half on a good note. I haven't gotten involved in anything, talking about trades or deadlines or anything like that."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

if they know whats good for them they will, marcus williams is the future, and hophfully just bomb the rest of the season and pickup durant.

Who are we trading Jason kid to? Even if we do trade him we have to get a lottery pick (trade Kidd to a team who doesn't make the playoffs, which is highly unlikely considering the team the rumors surround are the Lakers. Who are going to make the playoffs, only way i'd trade him to the Lakers is if this guy was included in the deal.

bynum.jpg

WELCOME HOME Mr. Bynum.!

Archived