The Sabres vs Senators "Brawl"

The Gun Of Bavaria

I agree. That was pissweak.

This is a brawl (7 minutes long):

EzYU49eJm30

HELL YEAH - NOW THAT'S A BRAWL!!!! BENCHES CLEARING, NUMEROUS FIGHTS, EQUIPMENT ALL OVER THE ICE. FIGHTING INT HE STANDS. F RON ARTEST AND THE PACERS.

It's really a disgrace what the NHL has become under Bettman. Fighting has always been part of hockey, so has hard hits and physical play. Besides F-ing up the league with bad TV contracts & overexpansion, he pussified the league with instagator penalties and all but taking fighting out of the game.

HELL YEAH - NOW THAT'S A BRAWL!!!! BENCHES CLEARING, NUMEROUS FIGHTS, EQUIPMENT ALL OVER THE ICE. FIGHTING INT HE STANDS. F RON ARTEST AND THE PACERS.

It's really a disgrace what the NHL has become under Bettman. Fighting has always been part of hockey, so has hard hits and physical play. Besides F-ing up the league with bad TV contracts & overexpansion, he pussified the league with instagator penalties and all but taking fighting out of the game.

The NHL dug their own grave when they hired Bettman. They wanted to capitalise on the popularity of the NBA by hiring him at the time but failed miserably.

The NBA and NHL were, and will always be, worlds apart in their respective fanbases.

NHL fans are blue collar. Simple as that. NBA fans? Not so much.

At least you have a good hockey arena in Detroit. The New "Garden" in Boston sucks.

In the mid to late '80's the popularity of teams in Boston went like this:

Celtics

Bruins

Red Sox

Patriots

In Detriot it was probably:

Pistons

Tigers

Wings

Lions

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The NHL dug their own grave when they hired Bettman. They wanted to capitalise on the popularity of the NBA by hiring him at the time but failed miserably.

The NBA and NHL were, and will always be, worlds apart in their respective fanbases.

NHL fans are blue collar. Simple as that. NBA fans? Not so much.

At least you have a good hockey arena in Detroit. The New "Garden" in Boston sucks.

In the mid to late '80's the popularity of teams in Boston went like this:

Celtics

Bruins

Red Sox

Patriots

In Detriot it was probably:

Pistons

Tigers

Wings

Lions

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You're about right.

9N5xCY8be2o

RED WINGS v AVS - One of the best of all time

Great fight, great game. Claude Lemiuex was the biggest douchebag ever. He was a prick.

Joe Louis Arena. I would love to go there for a game.

Chicago Stadium, Boston Garden, The Aud in Buffalo (I'm missing a couple of other places) were fantastic places to watch hockey. They are gone and so is hockey.

Great fight, great game. Claude Lemiuex was the biggest douchebag ever. He was a prick.

Joe Louis Arena. I would love to go there for a game. .

I was just there tonight to watch the Wings lose to the Oilers in a shootout. You always have an invitation out here. You're more when welcome, I'll get us tix. They're supposed to be announcing a replacement for the Joe soon.

I was just there tonight to watch the Wings lose to the Oilers in a shootout. You always have an invitation out here. You're more when welcome, I'll get us tix. They're supposed to be announcing a replacement for the Joe soon.

I used to travel to Detroit all the time back in the mid '90's as I worked for a Company that did business with the Big 3 (Unfortunately they are not the Big 3 anymore).

Thanks for the invite. I will take you up on that!

You are more than welcome at my place if you ever make it to Boston.

Back to the thread. The Wings are going to get rid of Joe Louis? That's wrong. Thats the last "rink" left in the NHL.

Archived