Could Calvin Johnson end up in Oakland? Here's how:

From ProFootballTalk.com (I understand a lot of you don't really care for the site but, since I was given it from Mike Sweatman - former Giant, Patriot, Jet, Bear & Giant again Special Teams coach and friend of the family - I like to look at it as a site that gets it right more often than not)

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

PFT is rediculous most of the time but sometimes they get stuff right before anyone else. No way do the Raiders get a 1st round pick for Moss but I actually could see this trade happening. Favre wants to win now and they'll most likely try to accomadate him.

I really hope this doesn't happen though cause I don't want CJ going to the Raiders. He'll be stuck in that horrible situation for 4 years and it would be a waste of his talent. If they take him they better find themselves a QB and at least a servicable o-line cause he's one of my favorite players.

I really hope this doesn't happen though cause I don't want CJ going to the Raiders. He'll be stuck in that horrible situation for 4 years and it would be a waste of his talent. If they take him they better find themselves a QB and at least a servicable o-line cause he's one of my favorite players.

Same here but obviously that QB would be Aaron Rodgers which also shows that Green Bay may or may not be looking at Marshawn Lynch at 16 and could be looking QB. Interesting little tidbit and I'd be interested to see how it would work out if this all does indeed go down.

One thing is for sure: Calvin Johnson is a freak of nature who can be almost any teams #1 Wide Receiver right off the bat and make a tremendous impact. What a year it is to be to be in need of a WR and to be selecting in the Top 5.

Archived