Ham's Updated 1 RD Mock

Green Jets & Ham

01. RAIDERS - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

Al Davis loves the vertical offense and this kid has the cannon he covets

===

02. LIONS - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

If you don't have a franchise QB and you have an opportunity to draft one, you do it

===

03. BROWNS - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

Romeo is on thin ice, he doesn't have a feature back, feature backs make an immediate impact and save jobs

===

04. BUCCANEERS - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

Arguably the best player in the draft who fills a need - Bucs would race this card to the podium in record time

===

05. CARDINALS - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

Cards have a lot riding on Matt Leinart and they will protect their investment with Thomas

===

06. REDSKINS - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

Skins got 11 Sacks from their 43DE's in total last year, backups included, and that's just not cutting it in the NFL

===

07. VIKINGS - Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville

While everyone is focused on DE's, Pat Williams turns 35, so they take the man-child with the monster upside

===

08. FALCONS - Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

I have a hunch Bobby Petrino coveted his former DT when he moved up to 8, but Jamaal is a nice consolation prize

===

09. DOLPHINS - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

It won't matter who plays QB if they don't import a blue-chip tackle, you can't throw from the seat of your pants

===

10. TEXANS - LaRon Landry, S, LSU

It must hurt like hell to miss out on Levi by one measley pick, but Landry is a heck of a player who fills a big need

===

11. 49ERS - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

Bryant Young has been around for so long he played with Steve Young, and maybe Montana too?

===

12. BILLS - Patrick Willis, MLB, Ole Miss

London Fletcher out, Patrick Willis in

===

13. RAMS - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

The Rams will say novenas when they make this pick, and pray he's not another Jimmy Kennedy

===

14. PANTHERS - Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State

Here's the plan .. I dare you to double Steve Smith and leave the fastest thing on two feet in single coverage

===

15. STEELERS - Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas

Why Houston and not Hall? Because the Steelers are smart and they draft the best players, not the mock favorites

===

16. PACKERS - Marshawn Lynch, RB, California

If there are a million mocks on the net 999,999 are projecting Lynch to the Packers, so I'll make it an even mill

===

17. JAGUARS - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

Lost Grant and Senabaugh is a Pac Man in training, so I'm fairly confident they would jump on Nelson in this spot

===

18. BENGALS - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

By all indications Hall is a man of impeccable character, and "oh bother" do the Bengals need a few of those

===

19. TITANS - Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

Never played with a decent QB at Miami so the production was lacking, but he has the tools to be a franchise TE

===

20. GIANTS - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

Once he ran in the 4.3's at his Pro Day the TOP 20 was back in play

===

21. BRONCOS - Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

Gone are the days when Denver was stacked on the O-line, and just when Cutler looks like the savior

===

22. COWBOYS - Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee

This is where the stop-watch can get you in trouble, Meachem's 4.39 will dictate a mistake, but I would take Bowe

===

23. CHIEFS - Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

This is where the stop-watch is a Godsend, as the better Wideout falls to the Chiefs

===

24. PATRIOTS - Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State

Versatile and tough, can play inside or out, and that means you know the Pats have their eye on the Poz

===

25. NY JETS - Justin Blalock, OL, Texas

Jets continue to load up on the O-line as they seek to build a Super-Unit where it matters most, in the trenches

===

26. EAGLES - Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State

When need and value are almost the same it's usually an easy call, though Jon Beason is another option

===

27. SAINTS - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

Three Words .. Fred "Toast" Thomas .. need I say more?

===

28. PATRIOTS - Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami

Harrison is long in the tooth, breaking down physically, and Meriweather has a ton of potential

===

29. RAVENS - Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas

Ravens wanted Staley but Denver beat them to the punch, so they reach slightly for Ugoh instead

===

30. CHARGERS - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

Chargers will be doing back-flips, but I'd hold the champagne for now, sometimes these USC Wideouts are Fools Gold

===

31. BEARS - Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn

The expiration date on Ruben Brown is past due, he's already on barrowed time, and Grubbs is a talented Guard

===

32. COLTS - Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee

This was a toss-up between Beason and Harrell, but I opted for the DT because LB's are more easily found later

===

JUST MISSED

Anthony Spencer

Jarvis Moss

Jon Beason

Michael Griffin

Eric Wright

Marcus McCauley

Ryan Kalil

Brian Leonard

Archived