The Dish: A lottery open to all? No tanks

JetNation

He's right. Tanking games is a complete joke.

which is why they put the lottery system into affect in the 1st place. and it's worked, I think I heard something like only 4 or 5 times has the team with the worst record gotten the 1st draft pick.

what's the difference? it's not like NBA players try until the playoffs anyway.

Yeah but look at what the spurs did. They TRIED to lose games to get Tim Duncan and it's given them 3 Championships... In a league where one player can make such a difference teams are very tempted to tank games.

Yeah but look at what the spurs did. They TRIED to lose games to get Tim Duncan and it's given them 3 Championships... In a league where one player can make such a difference teams are very tempted to tank games.

the Celtics had the worst record that year and didn't get Duncan. Rick Pitino took the job planning on having Duncan to build around...how'd that work out! :dohslap:

You have that wrong my friend. The Celtics tried to lose really bad that year and did. They had the most ping pong balls and the Spurs ended up with the 1st pick.

Archived