New NFL Rankings and for once they seem unbiased

CoachTsurfing

Well Harper isn't exactly what i'd call a great corner, and imo the reason behind the Colts defense being great in the playoffs was Bob Sanders. He brought a level of energy they didn't have during the reg. season, and with that everyone else played better. If he stays healthy, even without June at LB(who i'll give you, is a good player). Hughes has the potential to be just as good as Harper was, and Dungy being a "defensive guy" should probably be able to get the most out of him. They also found a replacement for Stokely in the first round, with Gonzalez, who only makes the Indy offense that much better.

Nick Harper is one of the best #2 Corners in the league.

Cato June is a young stud OLB and his loss will probably hurt the most since they Colts do have Kelvin Hayden and Marlin Jackson, who has been playing safety his first few years but was a shutdown corner at Michigan.

Steelers? I think they will rebound and be a contender.

I just think that the Chargers will be real good this year. Rivers is in his second year as a starter and LT. If they had the Colts receivers, or the Patriots for that matter ;) , they would be dam near unbeatable.

Do not sleep on San Diego's receivers. I think their biggest mistake this off-season was not re-signing McCardell, although it seems he wanted to play in Houston anyways.

Vincent Jackson hasn't fully emerged yet, but he's a big dude with some long arms and good hands. With LT running the ball, Gates going over the middle and Rivers delievering the ball, Jackson could turn out to be a star if he puts a little more effort in during the off-season. I also didn't like that they let Reche Caldwell go to New England last year, another mistake. Could've been a very good slot receiver there.

What is it with Jets fans and the Steelers? The Steelers will be a major factor in the AFC North.

Not unless their running game is working.

Big Ben Sucks-at-throwing-the-ball-burger needs to hand it off 35 to 40 times a game and needs a top defense. Who knows how the Steelers defense will play without Porter, who, despite getting older, was the leader of that defense.

i think they got knocked down in this poll because they lost their starting running back. But you're right they don't get a lot of respect. Might have something also to do with Grossman. One of the few QB's that is actually worse then Chad in my opinion. I've got a special place in my heart for the bears after the jets of course. I went to college near chicago and they kind of became my replacement team if the jets weren't on t.v.

I don't see the loss of Jones as a big deal at all. Its not like we lost a top tier running back. Now Grossman is arguable. The thing about Grossman is when he is great he is phenominal. However, when he sucks its just pathetic. Hopefully he takes a few steps forward this season. Interestingly enough Grossman and Eli Manning had darn near identical stats last year however you don't hear nearly as much chatter about him. I guess I Rex's last name was "Manning" he would be ok. I have full faith in our team. We don't need a world beater at the QB position to win. Griese will do fine I believe it Rex faulters. The D will be better with Tommie Harris, and Mike Brown back. It boggles my mind that no analyst ever mention getting them back. Our D is in the top 3 in the league when those 2 guys are in the lineup.

Archived