Around the AFCE | Buffalo Rumblings

rick34125

Around the AFCE

By Jetfighter

Posted on Fri Jun 29, 2007 at 08:51:24 AM EST

Now we have Brian G and his Buffalo Bills Blog, Buffalo Rumblings. Let's see what he say to say about what we asked.

Jetfighter: This will technically be J.P. Losman's 3rd year under center full-time. In NFL Standards, the third year is "termed" the breakout year for most NFL stars. Will Losman have a break-out year and take it to the next level, or remain a little inconsistent?

Brian G: Well, technically it's only his second year under center full-time; thanks to our idiot former coach Mike Mularkey, JP only got 8 starts in 2005. But you're right - this is a make or break season for Losman, and he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders this season.

You're also right about consistency being a factor - namely, consistently being able to read a defense. Losman strikes me as a guy who likes to force the action a little in order to make big plays - and while that's a great quality that most winning quarterbacks have, he needs to pick his spots a little better. To me, that's something that will come with another full season of game experience.

The pieces are in place for Losman to have a great season - new offensive line, deep talent at wideout, good red zone targets at tight end and H-Back and a versatility at running back with Marshawn Lynch that we haven't seen since the days of Thurman Thomas. If Losman can step up and be an assertive leader, I think more game experience will iron out his playing deficiences. This kid could be a star, and he knows he's on the cusp of it. It's time for him to shine.

It is sure going to be fun playing the Bills if they duplicate the fireworks they had going into last season. I think Losman will have a spectacular year barring an injury as well.

Around the AFCE

By Jetfighter

Posted on Fri Jun 29, 2007 at 08:51:24 AM EST

Now we have Brian G and his Buffalo Bills Blog, Buffalo Rumblings. Let's see what he say to say about what we asked.

Jetfighter: This will technically be J.P. Losman's 3rd year under center full-time. In NFL Standards, the third year is "termed" the breakout year for most NFL stars. Will Losman have a break-out year and take it to the next level, or remain a little inconsistent?

Brian G: Well, technically it's only his second year under center full-time; thanks to our idiot former coach Mike Mularkey, JP only got 8 starts in 2005. But you're right - this is a make or break season for Losman, and he has a lot of responsibility on his shoulders this season.

You're also right about consistency being a factor - namely, consistently being able to read a defense. Losman strikes me as a guy who likes to force the action a little in order to make big plays - and while that's a great quality that most winning quarterbacks have, he needs to pick his spots a little better. To me, that's something that will come with another full season of game experience.

The pieces are in place for Losman to have a great season - new offensive line, deep talent at wideout, good red zone targets at tight end and H-Back and a versatility at running back with Marshawn Lynch that we haven't seen since the days of Thurman Thomas. If Losman can step up and be an assertive leader, I think more game experience will iron out his playing deficiences. This kid could be a star, and he knows he's on the cusp of it. It's time for him to shine.

It is sure going to be fun playing the Bills if they duplicate the fireworks they had going into last season. I think Losman will have a spectacular year barring an injury as well.

I think Losmans pretty underated. The offense should be much improved with the additions of Walker and Dockery on the OL, the emergence of Lee Evans as a premier wr, and the versatility of Lynch coming out of the backfield as a reciever. Its going to have to be, because the defense, while young and talented lacks expierience at key positions.

The key of the offense is the Offensive Line. Losman has Evans and Parrish is coming into his 3rd year and could develop into an elite slot man, the problem is finding a legit #2 to complement Evans. Their options are not pretty, no matter how deep their average receiving unit may be (Josh Reed & Peerless Price would be the favorites to be the #2). Marshawn Lynch will be fine and will be better than Willis McGahee, book it. McGahee won't do anything special in Baltimore, whose line minus Ogden is horrific.

The key of the offense is the Offensive Line. Losman has Evans and Parrish is coming into his 3rd year and could develop into an elite slot man, the problem is finding a legit #2 to complement Evans. Their options are not pretty, no matter how deep their average receiving unit may be (Josh Reed & Peerless Price would be the favorites to be the #2). Marshawn Lynch will be fine and will be better than Willis McGahee, book it. McGahee won't do anything special in Baltimore, whose line minus Ogden is horrific.

Ogden is still there. They also signed a premier guard in the draft named Grubbs

Ogden is still there. They also signed a premier guard in the draft named Grubbs

I know Ogden is still there, which is why I said, minus Ogden, the line is horrible. Grubbs is young, we'll see.

I know Ogden is still there, which is why I said, minus Ogden, the line is horrible. Grubbs is young, we'll see.

while Ill agree tha Mcgahee isnt the greatest rb(unless hes playing us), Id have to disagree about Baltimore having a "horrible" OL. They lost Muitilo to Detroit but they didnt sign him because they werent projecting him to start. Jamal Lewis isnt what he used to be, and I think that more than anything can be attributed to a lackluster ypc, so Im not sure how you come to that conclusion

That can be your opinion on Lewis and the Offensive Line, however, mine is completely different. We'll see how Jamal does in Cleveland and how well McGahee fares in Baltimore, won't we? Right now, I'm taking Cleveland's OLine over Baltimore's, especially with Thomas and Steinbach, they out man Ogden.

That can be your opinion on Lewis and the Offensive Line, however, mine is completely different. We'll see how Jamal does in Cleveland and how well McGahee fares in Baltimore, won't we? Right now, I'm taking Cleveland's OLine over Baltimore's, especially with Thomas and Steinbach, they out man Ogden.

Jamal will be hurting without being able to beat up on the Cleveland Defense twice a year. I do like Clevelands future on the OL, but those guys are rookies, and think it might take a year or two

Archived