Cowher the next Browns coach?

BP

I checked and didnt see anyone bring it up, so i thought i would. I know a lot of people assume Wash. is going to dump loads his way if he agrees to come back, but when Greg Williams signed the deal year before last, there was a clause in it that was all in the news that when Gibbs retired, he would become head coach. It was the only reason he stayed instead of talking with the teams who offered him a head coaching job. Not saying Snider wouldn't want to, but even he's not dumb enough to know how much it could cost him to back out of that clause.

I tend to agree with SJ. There had been plenty of rumors that Cowher was going to coach NC State, and he loves living down here and doesn't really want to leave. IF he was to come back, i think Carolina is the best option for him, and he'll have a lot of nice pieces to start with in addition to being close to home.

Call him whatever you want...He got the job done and got us into the playoffs last year. At the end of the day, its not how well he does in fantasy football, its how well he does for the team. I think everyone on the Jets agreed that Pennington gave the Jets the best chance to win last season for a number of reasons.

What's there to write a book about?

I guarantee you that the Jets do not make the playoffs in 2007 if Pennington throws for just 17 tds again.

We made it last year on great coaching and an easy schedule, Chad had a little to nothing impact on our playoff berth last year. Its never a positive when your QB has just 17 tds in a season, combined with more turnovers (20). In fact, our defense in the 2nd half of the season is the reason we made the playoffs; not Chad.

Chad has to step up his game, leaps and bounds, for the Jets to make the playoffs in 2007. Think 23tds or more, and less than 20 turnovers. No more easy schedule to fall back on anymore.

I guarantee you that the Jets do not make the playoffs in 2007 if Pennington throws for just 17 tds again.

We made it last year on great coaching and an easy schedule, Chad had a little to nothing impact on our playoff berth last year. Its never a positive when your QB has just 17 tds in a season, combined with more turnovers (20). In fact, our defense in the 2nd half of the season is the reason we made the playoffs; not Chad.

Chad has to step up his game, leaps and bounds, for the Jets to make the playoffs in 2007. Think 23tds or more, and less than 20 turnovers. No more easy schedule to fall back on anymore.

I agree 100% on the TD's and Int's for this year. If he doesnt improve, we dont make the playoffs. Thomas Jones can run crazy, but it wont matter--think about other running teams from the past, like Pittsburgh who recently won a super bowl. Roethlisberger may not have been the GREATEST qb, but he was known as being a guy who did a good job when he had to. He struggled in the super bowl, and especially last year(though injuries probably had something to do with it), but his rookie and sophmore years, he did a very good job the few times he was asked to pass. Not saying he has to do that, but he does need to improve.

Archived