First time to play yahoo league (DB, DL, DL format)

Ryno the Jet

I have never played in a league where you use actual players on D. How valuable are they, and why did people draft guys like: Dan Klecko, Justin Miller, etc.? Also, I was not able to draft due to scheduling, so I had to pre-rank. Here is what I ended up with for my 12 team league:

QB: VY

RB: Addai

RB: J. Jones

WR: S. Smith

WR: T. Holt

TE: R. McMichael

W/R: Javon Walker

K: Mare

DB: Rhodes

DL: Merriman

DL: A. Thomas

BN: Eli

BN: Leon

BN: D. Ware (DL)

BN: Ed Reed

Am I toast? I have been working feverishly to trade reed for a RB (ala D. Foster), but no dice so far. I did notice there are a handful of DBs still available, which makes Reed's value=poop. Thoughts?

I have never played in a league where you use actual players on D. How valuable are they, and why did people draft guys like: Dan Klecko, Justin Miller, etc.? Also, I was not able to draft due to scheduling, so I had to pre-rank. Here is what I ended up with for my 12 team league:

QB: VY

RB: Addai

RB: J. Jones

WR: S. Smith

WR: T. Holt

TE: R. McMichael

W/R: Javon Walker

K: Mare

DB: Rhodes

DL: Merriman

DL: A. Thomas

BN: Eli

BN: Leon

BN: D. Ware (DL)

BN: Ed Reed

Am I toast? I have been working feverishly to trade reed for a RB (ala D. Foster), but no dice so far. I did notice there are a handful of DBs still available, which makes Reed's value=poop. Thoughts?

Reed is a better real life saftey than he is a fantasy saftey. How is your league scoring set up?

Reed is a better real life saftey than he is a fantasy saftey. How is your league scoring set up?

Passing Yards (40 yards per point; 3 points at 300 yards)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Rushing Yards (15 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Reception Yards (15 yards per point; 3 points at 100 yards)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

Return Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-2)

Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (2)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (3)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (4)

Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-3)

Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-2)

Field Goals Missed 30-39 Yards (0)

Field Goals Missed 40-49 Yards (0)

Field Goals Missed 50+ Yards (0)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Point After Attempt Missed (-3)

Tackle Solo (1)

Tackle Assist (.5)

Sack (3)

Interception (2)

Fumble Force (2)

Fumble Recovery (2)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Pass Defended (1)

Block Kick (2)

3-4 safeties are a good bet, they are used in run support and blitz more so they rack up more points, try and get a ball hawk corner, there should be plenty since in that format defence is a deep position, 1 pass rusher is enough and since they tend to only have big days against weak OL. Also if there is a corner that's used in the return game as well as on the D, he's bonus points every week. The most important thing you can do is get a MLB, they rack up tackles which is where you get your points, and one behind a weak DL is better since they will be tackling the runner alot (see Ryans last year and Vilma the year before). Mainly keep your eye on the waivers, if you see a guy who's really hot , no matter his name, if he's racking up the tackles, nab him. Cause odds are he's the best guy on a weak D.

3-4 safeties are a good bet, they are used in run support and blitz more so they rack up more points, try and get a ball hawk corner, there should be plenty since in that format defence is a deep position, 1 pass rusher is enough and since they tend to only have big days against weak OL. Also if there is a corner that's used in the return game as well as on the D, he's bonus points every week. The most important thing you can do is get a MLB, they rack up tackles which is where you get your points, and one behind a weak DL is better since they will be tackling the runner alot (see Ryans last year and Vilma the year before). Mainly keep your eye on the waivers, if you see a guy who's really hot , no matter his name, if he's racking up the tackles, nab him. Cause odds are he's the best guy on a weak D.

Thanks!

Archived