11/11 BYE

11/18 FLEX Steelers TBA L

11/22 4:15 @Cowboys CBS L

12/2 FLEX @Dolphins TBA W

12/9 FLEX Browns TBA W

12/16 FLEX @Patriots TBA L

12/23 FLEX @Titans TBA W

12/30 FLEX Chiefs TBA W

Probable? Absolutely not....possible? Yes I think so. Remember 2002 when pennington took over for an injured Vinny and the Jets made a rediculous run and ended up winning the division? Now I know we aint winning the division but is anyone really that impressed w/ a lot of the wildcard teams thus far? So far the divisions look like this...

West- Chargers

East- The gay guys

North- Steelers

South- Colts

I got to watch the Broncos game this weekend and I was very unimpressed, letting the raiders come back on your D is not overly impressive. Not to mention they have lucked out on late game FGs both times (I say lucked out b/c that timeout call on Janikowski was very close and getting that Elam FG against the Bills was very tight as well). No one in the east is any good outside the pats, the bengals and ravens have obvious problems on defense and offense respectively and while the Texans look good early, I still want to see more of them.

My point is right now I think this team is no where near good enough to make the playoffs, I think most of us feel that way...but I can definitely see the possibility of improvement. Remember how much our pass rush improved in the second half of the season last year? Unless Ellis has gotten drastically worse there is no way our D line can be worse than last year talent wise (Coleman>My little sister>KVO). Our secondary will be 50X better if we just left Barret off the plane this weekend, replace him w/ a solid, healthy CB in Dyson and our secondary is much improved...I also saw a lot of good things from Vilma and Thomas this year (not too mention hopefully David Harris getting more time over Barton).

Also our O-line was better this week, I have been hating on D'brick but he did decent in my eyes...maybe Bender can develop and we can get a decent O-line together. Plus this team played w/ energy under KC...if hes the guy then so be it, no matter how much I like Chad.

We all freaked out at the Pats loss but look at what the Pats did to the Chargers. I was talking to my buddy whos a die hard Chargers fan and he asked me this "Do you see any reason why the Pats don't go 16-0"...I had no answer. We also played them closer for more of the game than the Chargers, who most would say are a top 3 team in the league.

The Ravens were a 13 game winner last year (I think...), and we stuck right w/ them at the end. Don't say Boller is way worse than McNair by a good amount b/c he is not...McNair is not what he used to be, if anything Ogden being out was there biggest loss...and Boller played great.

Were in week 2....Im not ready to give up on this season just yet....Lets go Jets!!!

Ok, you are a homer but make some good points. The Jets are not the only team that got waxed by the Pats. I think that the O-line will improve as it gets more reps together, however the D is a huge concern. The opposing QB's don't even need to take a shower after the game because they don't break a sweat standing in the pocket and completing passes at their leisure.

Ok, you are a homer but make some good points. The Jets are not the only team that got waxed by the Pats. I think that the O-line will improve as it gets more reps together, however the D is a huge concern. The opposing QB's don't even need to take a shower after the game because they don't break a sweat standing in the pocket and completing passes at their leisure.

Agreed, and I think that is our biggest problem as of now...but..

1. We get the Fins horrible O-line next week which should be a confidence boost

and

2. I still have faith in Mangini's defense IQ and I think he will make adjustments...

Not too mention I didnt see Brady go down that much against the Chargers who have a great pass rush and I think against the Ravens we were run blitzing to contain McGahee more so than attack Boller...if Boller was going to tear up our secondary than so be it...but who would have thought he would have played that well.

Also outside of the Pittsburg and Pats (and maybe Cowboys) game, I really dont see a lot of games that arent winnable as of now. With my record there we go 10-6, if we split with the Bills (which we prob will) we will be 9-7 and right in the mix...

Archived