ShadowJet35's Keys to Victory for Week 3 v.s. the Miami Dolphins (serious post)

ShadowJet35

Here's my Week 3 addition, feel free to add anything you want.

OFFENSIVELY

• We need to pound it ahead with TJ, Miami's interior D-Line has been its downfall for a while, pound it at those senior citizen D-Tackles. The Last two games we haven't been successful at establishing the run game, don't make me say that I miss Pete Kendall, please.
  • We need to run crunches/counters/slams to Taylor's side, get some gaurds pulling and smacking him, we need to ding him up a bit, he is the catalyst of their defense with Zach " 'Roid Baby" Thomas out with back acne problems.
  • Overall: We must solidify the run game on Sunday if we can get that down, that'll open up the Play Action which Chad is the second best at in the NFL.The D-Backs for Miami haven't proven to me that they can cover the likes of Cotch & Coles, especially if our guys can get a step on them given the playaction.

Defensively

• Trent Green isn't the same guy now as he was when he was with Kansas City, yet he is still dangerous, that pitiful pass coverage better go through a transformation, we need someone to step up, whether it's Revis, Dyson, Barrett(:rolleyes:), Poteat and get an interception, that should fire up everyone else.
  • Our Run Defense needs to improve, the key to that is Dwayne Robertson, he needs to clog that middle and allow Vilma and company to flow to the ball and make the hit. Ronnie Brown is licking his chops right now, we have to stop this guy, or we'll be 0-3 come monday morning.
  • Overall, we need a better effort defensively, we tried the bend but don't break approach, but we broke, every time. We need to stop letting drives extend themselves and take any chance to end drives.

Special Teams

• When we went in Christmas night and won, we had the momentum almost all game long, we need the special teams to supply momentum, big hit, big return, whatever, give the offense and defense some emotional fuel.
  • Overall, pump this team up.

Alright, that's all, I won't be home on Sunday, hope we win.

Fin-fan here.

Our defense has not been very good this year at all. They fell over against the Redskins and couldn't get themselves off the field enough last week in the 2nd half. The key to your game will be running the ball, if you can run the ball well enough then the game is already looking good for you.

On offense although Green threw 4 picks last, in comparison to years gone by we actually have a QB that can get the ball to our outside receivers. Chambers has been looking prominent and could cut apart your pass defense if something isn't done about him. On our boards the jury is still well out on Ronnie Brown and our run blocking and whether they can make any team think about putting 8 in the box. Our running game has been disgraceful this year.

In the end I want to say that the fins will win. But I think in the end the Jets win 20-17.

My biased opinion is that the fins will win 31-14 and Ginn and Ronnie will have big games. (If they really do it might go down this way:) )

* When we went in Christmas night and won, we had the momentum almost all game long, we need the special teams to supply momentum, big hit, big return, whatever, give the offense and defense some emotional fuel.

* Overall, pump this team up.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, John Madden.

What you said is nice and all, but in reality, we just need to do better on kick coverage.

We have 5 returns against us for 245 yards, which averages out to 49.0 yards per return.

Our defense isn't good enough to consistently give opposing teams such good field position.

If we can start trapping teams in their own end, the entire defense will benefit.

Archived