Rolls Royce

Boozer76

So, my dad had a Rolls Royce 1969 Silver Shadow. He won it in an auction for Deborah Hospital. We played golf with Gerry Cooney that day. Quite a cool day indeed. Anyway, This Rolls sat outside at a shop for quite some time (3 years) and now has quite a bit of work to be done on it. The engine is mint and the car starts right up, though it needs new exhaust. The leather seats and wood in the interior is actually still in good shape. We were going to sell the car as is, but since it's been in my garage I just can't bring myself to do it. So now a have a project for years to come. 2 things-anyone know what is a good product to use for restoring leather? I mean a very good product. The leather is not cracked at all, but it is stiff. Also, all the real wood trim could use refinishing. Any suggestions on what I should use for that? Any crazy old car buffs here?

Good lcuk ,Boozer. Keep it ,don't sell it. In 30 yrs you will be thankfull when you give it to your son

No chance of me selling it. As soon as I got it to my house I could help but stare at it and start cleaning it and running it. I fell in love right away. Thing is I'm pretty clueless about cars in general. Got alot to learn about this new hobby. She's happy in the garage now. Just wondering what are some good products for the leather.

So, my dad had a Rolls Royce 1969 Silver Shadow. He won it in an auction for Deborah Hospital. We played golf with Gerry Cooney that day. Quite a cool day indeed. Anyway, This Rolls sat outside at a shop for quite some time (3 years) and now has quite a bit of work to be done on it. The engine is mint and the car starts right up, though it needs new exhaust. The leather seats and wood in the interior is actually still in good shape. We were going to sell the car as is, but since it's been in my garage I just can't bring myself to do it. So now a have a project for years to come. 2 things-anyone know what is a good product to use for restoring leather? I mean a very good product. The leather is not cracked at all, but it is stiff. Also, all the real wood trim could use refinishing. Any suggestions on what I should use for that? Any crazy old car buffs here?

Wow man... Im glad your doing ok and staying strong for your mom and family... Thank god you are not looking to sell this car... Money comes... And money goes... But memorys can never be replaced...

That's exactly the stuff I need!! Thanks Thor.

Sounds like a great car. It's hard to sell them once you've had them that long. Leatherique (in Thor's link) was the stuff I was going to suggest. I never used it, but the Imperial people all swear it's great. There is at least one other highly recommended product, but I can't remember it right now. I probably have the info at home. I'd look for some of the forums and boards. There aren't likely to be too many Rolls people doing their own work, so I'd keep my eye out for all classic restorers and other lesser luxury marks - Lincolns, Imperials, Caddies, etc. and anything English.

Archived