What is the point of putting in Quantrill??

Barton

I know you need to keep the bullpen fresh, but Quantrill has just lost it, lost it all this year. He's nothing, absolutely nothing. He gets nobody out and he's worse than anybody on the entire pitching staff.....which says alot.

Why not call up Colter Bean?? I just don't understand Torre.

Lets examine Torre these past few years

Love/Hate relationships

Kenny Lofton: Single most underused and most underappreciated player to put on a Yankee uniform in the past 4 years. All he did last year was get big time hits vs the red sox, start rallys, move runners over and play a much better defense than Bernie Williams. HATE relationship

Bernie Williams: The worst centerfield in MLB baseball. Was once a top 3 player at his position in both the field and at the box. But now he's maybe the worst centerfielder in the american league. On top of having no speed to cover ground in center field, he makes up for that with the worst instincts of any CFer as soon as the ball is in the air and has the worst throwing arm in MLB. On top of that, he plays centerfield lazily and sheepishly. Sometimes, Joe, you have to draw a line in the sand.

Loyalty won't win you sh** in baseball. LOVE relationship

Tony Womack: One of the 5 worst hitters I have ever seen. Takes no approac when he comes to the plate. Never fights off or wastes any pitches. Never gets on base. And on top of being a terrible hitter, he also cannot play the outfield or 2nd base. Whats worse is, he bitches like a 10 year old because he doesn't play 2nd base..............hey sh*thead maybe if you could turn a double play you'd still be at 2nd base. He should be traded or made a full time pinch runner. Yet Torre feels obligated to play this stupid punk every day. Totally useless free agent sign. How could we let go of Miguel Cairo? BLIND relationship

Miguel Cairo: How the f can you let this guy go? He was a throwback to the Yankees of old. He always moved the runner over, made clutch hits and had a solid infield glove to go along with being a great teammate.

Bubba Crosby: All this guy did was hustle in the outfield, cover ground and swing a decent bat. Not a great or even good player, but to keep sending him down to the minors in favor of tony womack who's 58 years old? Thats just stupid.

And don't get me started on how Torre misuses the pitching staff and lineup every day.

This team will probably get it going, but what a waste to have a .500 record after spending 208 million dollars.

I'm not sure what do think of Cashman? I think Steinbrenner is the person most in fault recently, but he's made more good moves than Cashman has.

Honestly, Jaret Wright?

WTF is that!?!? Leo Mazzone could turn a 50 year old woman with elbow and wrist arthritis into a 15 game winner with a sub 4 era, that doesn't mean we should be suckered into buying 1 of his handmade products, does it?

Hold off on any trades. If the Yankees are sincere about building a new dynasty after 05' we need to hold on to our best prospects (Wang, Hughes, Cano, Duncan and Clippard). We might be able to reload now and go after another championship in 05' but in a few years we'll have the same problem and it will only get harder to dig out of the ditch.

AJ Burnett and Mark Kotsay. Just a few names to think about in the offseason.

1 thing is for sure. The retirement of Mel Sottlmyre will be the single greatest retirement ever.

I know you need to keep the bullpen fresh, but Quantrill has just lost it, lost it all this year. He's nothing, absolutely nothing. He gets nobody out and he's worse than anybody on the entire pitching staff.....which says alot.

Why not call up Colter Bean?? I just don't understand Torre.

Lets examine Torre these past few years

Love/Hate relationships

Kenny Lofton: Single most underused and most underappreciated player to put on a Yankee uniform in the past 4 years. All he did last year was get big time hits vs the red sox, start rallys, move runners over and play a much better defense than Bernie Williams. HATE relationship

Bernie Williams: The worst centerfield in MLB baseball. Was once a top 3 player at his position in both the field and at the box. But now he's maybe the worst centerfielder in the american league. On top of having no speed to cover ground in center field, he makes up for that with the worst instincts of any CFer as soon as the ball is in the air and has the worst throwing arm in MLB. On top of that, he plays centerfield lazily and sheepishly. Sometimes, Joe, you have to draw a line in the sand.

Loyalty won't win you sh** in baseball. LOVE relationship

Tony Womack: One of the 5 worst hitters I have ever seen. Takes no approac when he comes to the plate. Never fights off or wastes any pitches. Never gets on base. And on top of being a terrible hitter, he also cannot play the outfield or 2nd base. Whats worse is, he bitches like a 10 year old because he doesn't play 2nd base..............hey sh*thead maybe if you could turn a double play you'd still be at 2nd base. He should be traded or made a full time pinch runner. Yet Torre feels obligated to play this stupid punk every day. Totally useless free agent sign. How could we let go of Miguel Cairo? BLIND relationship

Miguel Cairo: How the f can you let this guy go? He was a throwback to the Yankees of old. He always moved the runner over, made clutch hits and had a solid infield glove to go along with being a great teammate.

Bubba Crosby: All this guy did was hustle in the outfield, cover ground and swing a decent bat. Not a great or even good player, but to keep sending him down to the minors in favor of tony womack who's 58 years old? Thats just stupid.

And don't get me started on how Torre misuses the pitching staff and lineup every day.

This team will probably get it going, but what a waste to have a .500 record after spending 208 million dollars.

I'm not sure what do think of Cashman? I think Steinbrenner is the person most in fault recently, but he's made more good moves than Cashman has.

Honestly, Jaret Wright?

WTF is that!?!? Leo Mazzone could turn a 50 year old woman with elbow and wrist arthritis into a 15 game winner with a sub 4 era, that doesn't mean we should be suckered into buying 1 of his handmade products, does it?

Hold off on any trades. If the Yankees are sincere about building a new dynasty after 05' we need to hold on to our best prospects (Wang, Hughes, Cano, Duncan and Clippard). We might be able to reload now and go after another championship in 05' but in a few years we'll have the same problem and it will only get harder to dig out of the ditch.

AJ Burnett and Mark Kotsay. Just a few names to think about in the offseason.

1 thing is for sure. The retirement of Mel Sottlmyre will be the single greatest retirement ever.

Knew Henn was done when he walked that batter in the 1st of 4 pitchers. If this guy wasn't told THROW STRIKES AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT Stottlemyre's got some explain' to do. You don't tell a AA pitcher to nibble. Go out there, throw strikes and see what happens. But based on Henn's outings, there isn't much guidance at all from the pitching coach. I don't like advocating firing him; he's a good guy, a cancer survivor. But there comes a point that someone has to account for the Yanks starters sucking across the board.

No problem with Kotsay-as a free agent. Trading young guys for him now is stupidity. Take the lumps, figure out who you want to keep and dump the rest.

Sheff might be good trade bait; Mussina and Posada too. Tear it down. Their postseason run is over. it was good while it lasted.But pissing away young talent for this year is pointless. And same with firing Torre-for now. After the season, all bets are off. This team is too talented and well-paid to suck this much.

Knew Henn was done when he walked that batter in the 1st of 4 pitchers. If this guy wasn't told THROW STRIKES AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT Stottlemyre's got some explain' to do. You don't tell a AA pitcher to nibble. Go out there, throw strikes and see what happens. But based on Henn's outings, there isn't much guidance at all from the pitching coach. I don't like advocating firing him; he's a good guy, a cancer survivor. But there comes a point that someone has to account for the Yanks starters sucking across the board.

No problem with Kotsay-as a free agent. Trading young guys for him now is stupidity. Take the lumps, figure out who you want to keep and dump the rest.

Sheff might be good trade bait; Mussina and Posada too. Tear it down. Their postseason run is over. it was good while it lasted.But pissing away young talent for this year is pointless. And same with firing Torre-for now. After the season, all bets are off. This team is too talented and well-paid to suck this much.

Archived