The Next Draft

SoFlaJets

So your saying 4 draft picks are immediate starters and make this team compete?

We need an explosive WR who can get downfield and produce YAC. We definitley to make a splash through free agency.I dont see 4 draft picks starting and changing this team.

I dont care how we get them, as long as we get them.

Is our team complete with just those additions, no, of course not. But they sure as hell would make the team a lot better.

We need to find the balance between needs and talent. We can't just pick solely on BPA because then the team will still have holes. I think McFadden will be a very good back but running back is not the reason we're losing games. We're losing games on the offensive and defensive lines and because of a lack of consistant pass rush. Those are the weaknesses that need to be looked to first. If there's a player that's top 10 worthy like Gholston for instance or Long (if he measures up to be a 3-4 DE because I've read a lot of people saying he's kinda light) then I'd rather slightly reach for them than take McFadden. Even if we took him we'd still have nobody to block for him and no defense to stop anyone from matching the greatness he'll supposedly bring. Plus the Peterson syndrome has to many people thinking McFadden will come in and do the same thing for us.

That being said, if there's no comparable value to him than McFadden should be the pick because blantantly reaching for needs over talent is how busts happen. I'm hopeful that we're not high enough to take him or some defensive player makes himself worthy of a high draft choice for us.

Archived