The Next Draft

SoFlaJets

Do we have picks in every round this April? I figure we will win one more-MAYBE two more games-so we should get a top 5 pick right?

3-13 will ensure a top 5 pick

4-12 will not

We will be better off losing to Chefs, as much as i hate Hermie, let him

F up his draft slot. Hopefully LJ plays!!!!

I'd rather beat the chiefs no matter whats on the line draft pick wise thanks.

please name the player that is so vital to the jets in the next draft that we should lose to kc because of

Nobody.

The is the thing that seems lost on fans.

It is the "bird in the hand is better than two in the bush".

In football terms it is better to show improvement and competiveness towards the end of the year than go up a few picks in the draft.

A better team is better than one player.

BZ

I'd rather beat the chiefs no matter whats on the line draft pick wise thanks.

please name the player that is so vital to the jets in the next draft that we should lose to kc because of

JW it is more than 1 player, it could be 8 slots higher in every F'n round

Just off of the top of my pointy head, I believe we have all of our picks and at least one extra (4th?) for Kendall.

Kendall has played all year for the Skins so it looks like a 4th rounder in 09, if he didn't make a certain number of starts it would have been a 5th in 08.

I think we got a low pick this year from the Bucs for that linebacker, Mackey I think he was called. Probably a 6th or 7th.

exactly what i have been saying. if we end up with a few more wins, even just one more, and the draft spot drops quite a bit, not just one or two spots.

a few more wins? We play NE, Titans and KC and then we're waiting for the draft and have to put up with Giant fans bragging how they made the playoffs (and likely lost in the first round).

I see one win (KC) in the above but even that isn't gauranteed

So who do you guys think we hould go after if available???

Personally I want DMC, in fact I may kill someone if we pass on him. he is exactly what this team needs a talented, versatile playmaker. If we gave him a line to run behind he could be as good as any back in this league. I preffered him to AP in college and still think he has that type of potential.

do you guys think we will see a lot of movement like last years draft???

Absolutely. I think the Jets do their homework (fwiw), know who they want (fwiw), and then make the move - up or down - to get their guy. This year it was successful - Revis and Harris - so I dont see why they wont do it again. Or some version of it.

Personally I want DMC, in fact I may kill someone if we pass on him. he is exactly what this team needs a talented, versatile playmaker. If we gave him a line to run behind he could be as good as any back in this league. I preffered him to AP in college and still think he has that type of potential.

I dont see it. First, I dont think he will slip past the second or third pick and, second, I think they have greater needs on defense - especially for an elite pass rusher or run-stuffing DT/DE - and offensive line. Again this week the Jets couldnt get a yard when they most needed it and they couldnt stop the run in the end. Also, they must feel somewhat 'set' at RB with Jones and Washington and have greater need, IMO, for an elite receiver then for a RB. Finally, it seems easier to find RBs off the scrap heap than any other position, Adrien Peterson notwithstanding.

I am not denegrating DMC, who seems to be an exceptional talent. But I have resigned myself to the fact that the Jets will get a guy like Long, Jr.

I dont see it. First, I dont think he will slip past the second or third pick and, second, I think they have greater needs on defense - especially for an elite pass rusher or run-stuffing DT/DE - and offensive line. Again this week the Jets couldnt get a yard when they most needed it and they couldnt stop the run in the end. Also, they must feel somewhat 'set' at RB with Jones and Washington and have greater need, IMO, for an elite receiver then for a RB. Finally, it seems easier to find RBs off the scrap heap than any other position, Adrien Peterson notwithstanding.

I am not denegrating DMC, who seems to be an exceptional talent. But I have resigned myself to the fact that the Jets will get a guy like Long, Jr.

Picking need over talent is something we've been doing for too long TBH. I want to see some elite players on this team.

I dont understand everyone's obsession with DMC. For one thing we dont have the OL we need for a back like him. If the Jets drafted him he will die.

Picking need over talent is something we've been doing for too long TBH. I want to see some elite players on this team.

I completely agree. I was just trying to think along with this FO. Anyway, i dont see anybody doing very well behind these Guards.

RB is the one position that the fish aren't abslotuley F'd, no way do they take DMC. Like I've said all along if the Pats get him:

violent085.gif

Do not be 2 sure

Ronny Brown is coming off ACL and cameron may get canned

Phins should take the BAP, Dorsey is already dinged up

I disagree.

He will not be good at all on this team.

We need an OL, a DL, and some LB's. TJ and LW would be fine with a decent OL and a defense that got them the ball back every once in a while IMO.

I disagree.

He will not be good at all on this team.

We need an OL, a DL, and some LB's. TJ and LW would be fine with a decent OL and a defense that got them the ball back every once in a while IMO.

In other words, we need just about everthing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Superstar players we have NONE.Why would we take McFadden that would be so out of the norm.My prediction if we wind up with a top 5 pick we trade it.

seriously, what the Hell is wrong with you, that whole thing doesn't make F'ing sense and like most of your other posts it is unreadable.

barton was right, your a F'ing terrible poster!!!!!

No, we need 1 or 2 players on the OL, a good pass-rushing LB/DL (Gholston?), and a big NT. If we get just those 3 things this offseason you will see vast improvement both next year and for years to come IMO.

we need 2 Guards, a RT, A RB, a #1 WR, 3 new DL, 2 new LB's a CB and 1more safety

that should do it

Superstar players we have NONE.Why would we take McFadden that would be so out of the norm.My prediction if we wind up with a top 5 pick we trade it.

I think these high picks are untradable because of the money attached to the slot. The exception, I think, is if a good QB prospect falls to the slot in question and someone wants to move up a few slots to get him.

we need 2 Guards, a RT, A RB, a #1 WR, 3 new DL, 2 new LB's a CB and 1more safety

that should do it

If we get a good LG and RT, A good pass rushing DE/OLB and a true 3/4 NT, the rest of the team is good enough to compete IMO.

Revis is a good player and will only get better, especially if he isnt forced to defend for 5+ seconds per play, Rhodes is our best defensive player, Harris is a good LB, Coles and Cotchery is a fine duo if the QB can get the ball to them, and TJ and LW are definately good enough to get the job done.

If we get a good LG and RT, A good pass rushing DE/OLB and a true 3/4 NT, the rest of the team is good enough to compete IMO.

Revis is a good player and will only get better, especially if he isnt forced to defend for 5+ seconds per play, Rhodes is our best defensive player, Harris is a good LB, Coles and Cotchery is a fine duo if the QB can get the ball to them, and TJ and LW are definately good enough to get the job done.

So your saying 4 draft picks are immediate starters and make this team compete?

We need an explosive WR who can get downfield and produce YAC. We definitley to make a splash through free agency.I dont see 4 draft picks starting and changing this team.

Do not be 2 sure

Ronny Brown is coming off ACL and cameron may get canned

Phins should take the BAP, Dorsey is already dinged up

Yep, if they decide to cut their losses with R. brown, they'll take McFad.

Brown's status is the only thing keeping this from being a lock.

Archived