if jets trade down

KudosForND

Kenny Phillips is not worth a first round pick, he's rated the best safety in the draft but the safety class is weak this year. As for pass rushers I like Quentin Groves a lot but if we don't pick Gholsten with the 6th pick I'd rather wait till the second round and get Shawn Crable or whoever drops which is entirely possible for Calais Campbell after his poor combine and junior year.

Honestly if we trade down I'd probably be really happy with picking Chris Williams or Ryan Clady to put in at RT but really I think this year BPA is the best way to go because this is a deep draft in a lot of positions and we can find good players to fill needs anywhere in the first three rounds.

Kenny Phillips is not worth a first round pick, he's rated the best safety in the draft but the safety class is weak this year. As for pass rushers I like Quentin Groves a lot but if we don't pick Gholsten with the 6th pick I'd rather wait till the second round and get Shawn Crable or whoever drops which is entirely possible for Calais Campbell after his poor combine and junior year.

Honestly if we trade down I'd probably be really happy with picking Chris Williams or Ryan Clady to put in at RT but really I think this year BPA is the best way to go because this is a deep draft in a lot of positions and we can find good players to fill needs anywhere in the first three rounds.

your right, we need bodies at almost every position. If we trade down, I say clady would be nice with a stewart at rb or best cb available. Groves scares me. He has bust written all over him. Ghoulston even more so because he's going to be a top 5 or 6 pick and could be a stud or dud.

Who do you think they will get?

i think the possibility are Derrick Harvey, Quentin Groves, Calais Campbell Rodgers-Cromartie, Reggie smith

Maybe Kenny Phillips but i dont know how the jets feel about Elam

Actually I think they like Elam quite a bit. The kid made some BIG blunders when he first started, they still didn't bench him. He also had a tremendous amount of enthusiasm, and is a vicious hitter,

He kind of grew on me as the season ended.

He was actually a fairly highly rated college player, and got in trouble. Was accused of a sexual assault. it was a He said-She said situation. he pleaded guilty to a minor charge, but it hurt his draft stock dramatically

Archived