What do Chad Pennington, Vernon Gholston, & Darren McFadden all have in common?

MTJ06

Very true, but ironically this thread doesn't really help to stomp out the fire does it??

I'll take the initiative and quickly change the thread to talk about the following players.

Avril; loves his athleticism and play in space. Has very fluid hips and is excellent in coverage..for a linebacker. Is much better at diagnosing plays than groves and gholston; not as good as long. Great combination of size and speed and could be a great pickup in the top of the 2nd round. Has fantastic closing speed and is good at shedding blockers. If he can produce like colvin and phillips he will be an impact player; i like him a lot more than spencer coming out last year.

Dre Moore; First off, his name is Marchondray..as if that's not reason enough to take him.. Anyways, he plays with that nasty demeanor you want from your dline and also has a great combo of size and speed. Great first step and can be stout at the POA from what i saw this year. Didn't seem to shine in practices, but when gametime came he was a baller. Didn't put up impressive numbers in the bench, but when you see him play you understand how powerfull he really can be. I love this guy as a 34DE to take over from Ellis; his technique needs some work, but i think he has some great upside.

Red Bryant; huge frame and extremely strong. Very athletic for his size, but doesn't have the burst like moore. Occupies blockers with ease and can still get a good push. Better technique than moore and can collapse the pocket due to his bull-like strength. A different type of player than moore, but in his own right is a great prospect. I like Bryant a whole lot as a 34 DE and would love if we could trade up into the 3rd to get him. If there was someone to net a 3rd round pick i think he'd be an ideal player to target, i like him better than Ikaika Alama Francis from last year and i was really high on IAF too.

Very true, but ironically this thread doesn't really help to stomp out the fire does it??

I'll take the initiative and quickly change the thread to talk about the following players.

Avril; loves his athleticism and play in space. Has very fluid hips and is excellent in coverage..for a linebacker. Is much better at diagnosing plays than groves and gholston; not as good as long. Great combination of size and speed and could be a great pickup in the top of the 2nd round. Has fantastic closing speed and is good at shedding blockers. If he can produce like colvin and phillips he will be an impact player; i like him a lot more than spencer coming out last year.

Dre Moore; First off, his name is Marchondray..as if that's not reason enough to take him.. Anyways, he plays with that nasty demeanor you want from your dline and also has a great combo of size and speed. Great first step and can be stout at the POA from what i saw this year. Didn't seem to shine in practices, but when gametime came he was a baller. Didn't put up impressive numbers in the bench, but when you see him play you understand how powerfull he really can be. I love this guy as a 34DE to take over from Ellis; his technique needs some work, but i think he has some great upside.

Red Bryant; huge frame and extremely strong. Very athletic for his size, but doesn't have the burst like moore. Occupies blockers with ease and can still get a good push. Better technique than moore and can collapse the pocket due to his bull-like strength. A different type of player than moore, but in his own right is a great prospect. I like Bryant a whole lot as a 34 DE and would love if we could trade up into the 3rd to get him. If there was someone to net a 3rd round pick i think he'd be an ideal player to target, i like him better than Ikaika Alama Francis from last year and i was really high on IAF too.

Not a fire, I was looking at this thread as more of a dam hoping to contain so of it. Avril, Moore, & Bryant, so what you are telling me is that there are more players available in the draft than Mcfadden or Gholston and the Jets dont only have 1 pick?

Not a fire, I was looking at this thread as more of a dam hoping to contain so of it. Avril, Moore, & Bryant, so what you are telling me is that there are more players available in the draft than Mcfadden or Gholston and the Jets dont only have 1 pick?

Haha it's a shocking realization isn't it?? I'm under the impression that some are going to turn their tvs off after the first pick and go grab a nap or something to eat.

I know the jets are going to a personal workout with avril and have yet to heard anything about Moore or Bryant; being their proday or them working out with any individual team. I know the jets were high on bryant during the senior bowl, but the next couple of weeks will be interesting to see who we look at. A lot of it will be gamesmanship; when a team is picking in the top 5 or so they generally will workout everyone to give the impression that they havn't decided on their pick and that they are unpredictable.

They are all talked about waaaaaayyyyy to much on this board and Id be surprised if any of them are Jets in 2008.

hmmm, our qb and 2 of the highest rated picks in the draft, one of which considered by many to be the best talent in the draft, yeah, why the hell would anyone bother to talk much about them on this board?? lolsc

Archived