IF our offense is a run first offense than.....

NY JET 29

LOL, how does that apply to my point???

I'm not trying to talk up Chad as a great QB or even a good one. I just think he could take us to the playoffs next season.

It applies because you made this statement:

Leaving BOTH Cotchery and Coles 1 on 1 at the same time is suicide for any defence no matter who the **** the QB.

Teams have been doing that for years as they know Pennington can't make the throws.

If you are happy with the Jets scoring 14-17 points a game then all the world to you.

It applies because you made this statement:

Teams have been doing that for years as they know Pennington can't make the throws.

If you are happy with the Jets scoring 14-17 points a game then all the world to you.

Teams do not leave Cotchery AND Coles 1 on 1 at the same time. That doesn't happen. Ever.

It happens all the time as opposing defenses stack the box.

I agree, 8 Men-9 Men in the box, it really dont matter, the fact of the matter is that Chad Pennington at QB makes it harder for the O-Line to open up holes for the running game. Clemens may not have the experience that Pennington has but he does have a stronger arm and is able to escape the rush, teams may not fear Kellen but they respect his arm and keep the safetys back on Coles and Cotchery.

I agree, 8 Men-9 Men in the box, it really dont matter, the fact of the matter is that Chad Pennington at QB makes it harder for the O-Line to open up holes for the running game. Clemens may not have the experience that Pennington has but he does have a stronger arm and is able to escape the rush, teams may not fear Kellen but they respect his arm and keep the safetys back on Coles and Cotchery.

Does Irish Jet ever watch Jets games? He stated as a fact the Coles and Cotch are never left in 1 on 1 coverage but failed to address the fact that teams have been putting 8 or 9 players in the box for the last 6 years.

IJ: If 9 guys are in the box that leaves 2 guys covering the WR's.

I agree that Clemens has a much better chance of making defenses pay for stacking the box than Pennington.

Does Irish Jet ever watch Jets games? He stated as a fact the Coles and Cotch are never left in 1 on 1 coverage but failed to address the fact that teams have been putting 8 or 9 players in the box for the last 6 years.

IJ: If 9 guys are in the box that leaves 2 guys covering the WR's.

I agree that Clemens has a much better chance of making defenses pay for stacking the box than Pennington.

I said leaving Cotch and Coles 1 on 1 at the same time.

And no, never have I seen in a Jets game over the last 2 seasons a team stack NINE in the box consistently against them.

8?? Yes

9?? No way.

I'm not sure you guys realise just how rare stacking 9 in the box is, NFL WR's are way too good to consistently leave BOTH of your corners manned up without any help downfield. Chad would have no problem picking that apart. It would leave the D way too exposed against Fade routes (which Chad is very good at) or any kind of play accross the middle.

Bro, who cares about 9 in the box? The fact of the matter is that opposing stack 8 in the box at any given time and the bottom line is that Chad at QB hurts the running game

You seriously think teams won't stack the box vs Kellen???

It will be the same either way until Clemens shows he can consistently beat those defences.

I said leaving Cotch and Coles 1 on 1 at the same time.

And no, never have I seen in a Jets game over the last 2 seasons a team stack NINE in the box consistently against them.

8?? Yes

9?? No way.

I'm not sure you guys realise just how rare stacking 9 in the box is, NFL WR's are way too good to consistently leave BOTH of your corners manned up without any help downfield. Chad would have no problem picking that apart. It would leave the D way too exposed against Fade routes (which Chad is very good at) or any kind of play accross the middle.

You mentioned 9 guys when talking about the Vikings. What's the difference between 8 guys or 9 daring you to throw?

Your QB has to make the play either way.

You mentioned 9 guys when talking about the Vikings. What's the difference between 8 guys or 9 daring you to throw?

Your QB has to make the play either way.

With 9 you're leaving 2 WR's (presuming it's a 2 WR set) in one on one coverage. That is suicidal for a D and just leaves way too much risk for a Pass over the top. With one safety there is a at least cover so that if the WR does beat the CB, he'll probably have to get by the safety too.

Teams stack 9 in the box normally when they are behind late in games and desperately trying force the offence to put the ball in the air. That's normally the only time you'll see D's line up without a safety.

Teams will stack 9 at the goaline but that's due to the small space the offence has to work with.

Also, I mentioned the Vikings as right now they are an exception. They have a QB who has just got terrible accuracy and because their running game is so immensly strong D's pay Tavaris Jackson absolutely no respect whatsoever. For the most part it worked last season (against the pass at least) however with Berrian added and Jackson developing, things may change this season.

Chad will start. Here's why. If were a run first offense there will be a lot of 2nd and shorts, and a lot of 3rd and shorts. Therefore Chad can do his famous dink and dunk throws, and get us many first downs, while our RB's do the dirty work.

I'm telling you Chad will start if we plan on being a rushing offense.

If were a pass first than Clemens will start because he can throw the long ball, but our FA signings lead us to believe we will be run first.

I disagree. Clemens would benefit just as much from a "run first" offense as Penny, maybe even more. Clemens wouldnt need to be trying to get it done through the air all the time so he wont be rushing reads and throws as much, and the game pace would be slow enough for him to worry about just managing the O. (This is of course, all depending on the running game being really good)

Archived