The Media & Bill Buckner

Gainzo

This has been bothering me all day.

We all know that Buckner had a heartfelt return to Boston yesterday. He also had the same reception in 1990 when he made his return as a Red Sox.

In his press conference after the game he made this statement:

"I really had to forgive, not the fans of Boston, per se, but I would have to say in my heart I had to forgive the media," Buckner said, after apologizing for taking so long to answer. "For what they put me and my family through. So, you know, I've done that and I'm over that."

The media clowns on 1st and 10, Around the Horn, and PTI have taken no responsibility for what they did. They are simply blaming the Boston fans.

As I stated earlier, Red Sox fans moved on 18 years ago.

I hate the media with a passion. They all have their agendas and I'm glad Buckner called them out on it.

We all know that Buckner had a heartfelt return to Boston yesterday. He also had the same reception in 1990 when he made his return as a Red Sox.

"I really had to forgive, not the fans of Boston, per se, but I would have to say in my heart I had to forgive the media," Buckner said, after apologizing for taking so long to answer. "For what they put me and my family through. So, you know, I've done that and I'm over that."

The media clowns on 1st and 10, Around the Horn, and PTI have taken no responsibility for what they did. They are simply blaming the Boston fans.

I hate the media with a passion. They all have their agendas and I'm glad Buckner called them out on it.

Yeah I've been noticing that too. The media sucks in all aspects of its work, there is no line they wont cross for a story, and it's pathetic. I agree that we, the public, feed them by continually listening to their garbage, but that doesn't make it ok to ruin peoples lives.

Ok, I'm done with that rant :P

Yeah I've been noticing that too. The media sucks in all aspects of its work, there is no line they wont cross for a story, and it's pathetic. I agree that we, the public, feed them by continually listening to their garbage, but that doesn't make it ok to ruin peoples lives.

Ok, I'm done with that rant :P

How can we not listen to their garbage? It's either on ESPN or all over the internet.

The only good thing that has happened lately is the mainstream media going on a crusade to discredit bloggers. I read many more blogger sites than I do SI & ESPN "journalists"

How can we not listen to their garbage? It's either on ESPN or all over the internet.

The only good thing that has happened lately is the mainstream media going on a crusade to discredit bloggers. I read many more blogger sites than I do SI & ESPN "journalists"

Bloggers exist because of the media on the front line.

Where do you think they get their information?

Don't paint the entire media with such a wide brush.

It isn't fair and a slap in the face to those journalists that do an honest, fair, ****ing awesome job.

Granted, ESPN breaches a lot of journalism ethics, but SI is an institution.

The beat writers of your main papers are on the front line every night.

Not the Jay Marriotti's of the world.

Good post and right on.

Yeah, it's impossible to avoid. I've gotten to the point where I just look at box scores and come on here for my Jets-related news. What blogger sites do you read, if you dont mind me asking?

Bloggers exist because of the media on the front line.

Where do you think they get their information?

Don't paint the entire media with such a wide brush.

It isn't fair and a slap in the face to those journalists that do an honest, fair, ****ing awesome job.

Granted, ESPN breaches a lot of journalism ethics, but SI is an institution.

The beat writers of your main papers are on the front line every night.

Not the Jay Marriotti's of the world.

Ugh, marriotti. I will be fair, yes...there are good and honest journalists out there. Unfortunately for us and those journalists, they bad ones are the loudest.

What blogger sites do you read, if you dont mind me asking?

Deadspin is a daily destination for me. They link to a bunch of other sites that are either serious or completely off the wall.

I also visit redsarmy for my daily Celtics fix and barstoolsports. The guys at barstool combine sports, popular culture, and hot chicks. Is there anything else!

This Bruins blog cracked me up this morning:

beargoal.jpg

("Hey, any goals in here?)

http://www.barstoolsports.com/article/game_playoff_blog/2213/

And you know what? As long as at the end of the day Buckner and the fans are on the same page, who gives a ****? You are 100% right about the media crap. They spun it this time (again) that it was the fans fault. And once again tried to tell us what how we need to think and perceive.

cnuts.

And you know what? As long as at the end of the day Buckner and the fans are on the same page, who gives a ****? You are 100% right about the media crap. They spun it this time (again) that it was the fans fault. And once again tried to tell us what how we need to think and perceive.

cnuts.

Very true. The media was spinning their "magic" to make it seem like Sox fans wanted to kill the guy.

I made a mistake. Buckner received a standing ovation on opening day in 1987.

The media sucks.

Archived