No Stars in draft. No real top 10 players.

kellypkjoe

Listening to various draft gurus there is no player that jumps out to them except Dorsey and injury history scares many. About 15 or so prospects of equal talemt who in past years would be 10 to 25 picks. Gholston for example got 12 of his sacks in 2 games and took a lot of plays off. Maybe a workout warrior. That is why I posted the trade thread. The Ravens are despeThe Bengals would love to get McFadden as Rudi johnson averaged under 3 yds a carry. He is an old 29 as he runs betwwen the tackles and is beat up.

Our 6th for their ninth and and 3rd round pick (14th). It would fill in the vital 3rd round and as we then a CB or a rivers fit at the 9th slot.rate for a QB and the Bengals for back. Who ever is there at 8 or 9 after our off season signing would be O.K. and a LOT cheaper. given that and a 3rd round pick I think we are in can't lose position. What trigger my thinking was the new draft value chart and not haveing a 3rd round pick.

Listening to various draft gurus there is no player that jumps out to them except Dorsey and injury history scares many. About 15 or so prospects of equal talemt who in past years would be 10 to 25 picks. Gholston for example got 12 of his sacks in 2 games and took a lot of plays off. Maybe a workout warrior. That is why I posted the trade thread. The Ravens are despeThe Bengals would love to get McFadden as Rudi johnson averaged under 3 yds a carry. He is an old 29 as he runs betwwen the tackles and is beat up.

Our 6th for their ninth and and 3rd round pick (14th). It would fill in the vital 3rd round and as we then a CB or a rivers fit at the 9th slot.rate for a QB and the Bengals for back. Who ever is there at 8 or 9 after our off season signing would be O.K. and a LOT cheaper. given that and a 3rd round pick I think we are in can't lose position. What trigger my thinking was the new draft value chart and not haveing a 3rd round pick.

I'm all for trading back and getting some extra picks, especially with all the guaranteed money the Jets are paying out already and the cap situation. A third rounder would be great too. It gives more wiggle room for other deals during the draft as well. To say there are no top 10 players or stars is not accurate though. I'd take C. Long, Gholston, McFadden, Ryan, Ellis, Dorsey, J. Long, or Rivers on my team in a second (not saying that all those guys would be the pick for the Jets - just saying they are all quite potential stars at their positions). The first round or two of this draft looks pretty good and the overall draft depth at immediate positions of need (WR, CB, LB) looks good (all the more reason to stock up on picks to compliment the free agents brought in). There is a good possibility a desired player will be available at 6 that the Jets can find a trade partner for. The question is, can they convince the team that NE will take the guy if they don't? Also, will KC trade out before them and ruin that plan? Will KC trade that pick to NE and have them take the guy the Jets wanted? Then again, that would help the Jets decision to trade back. It's gonna be interesting judging on the the two Tannenbaum drafts so far. I'm sure there will be movement on draft day. They pulled a 2007 2nd rounder out of a 2006 draft day swap. Last year, they got Revis and Harris which was worth the sacrificed picks. D-Rob seems to be headed to Denver (fingers crossed) which should grab a second day pick or two according to reports (We'll see). Looking forward to the draft.

Archived