Kevin Mawae

4HCrew

Other than being the victim of Bren's stalking anyone else think he could be a real pain in the a$$ as the new president of the players association (I think that is his role). I know as the spokesperson for the players while with the Jets he complained about all kinds of stuff, could this be a sign of things to come. I agree with his stance on the rookie salary cap but could see some interesting times ahead.

Other than being the victim of Bren's stalking anyone else think he could be a real pain in the a$$ as the new president of the players association (I think that is his role). I know as the spokesperson for the players while with the Jets he complained about all kinds of stuff, could this be a sign of things to come. I agree with his stance on the rookie salary cap but could see some interesting times ahead.

I think he will make a great president. They need someone that will be a pain in the ass. The players need a guy who's not afraid to fight for them. I am never in favor of letting wealthy CEO's run rampant on their workers and that's what will happen if they have a pushover in that position. Granted these guys get paid a lot more than the average worker but they are not guaranteed their jobs all too often either. They also need to cap these rookies - their salaries are ruining the game slowly.

I think he will make a great president. They need someone that will be a pain in the ass. The players need a guy who's not afraid to fight for them. I am never in favor of letting wealthy CEO's run rampant on their workers and that's what will happen if they have a pushover in that position. Granted these guys get paid a lot more than the average worker but they are not guaranteed their jobs all too often either. They also need to cap these rookies - their salaries are ruining the game slowly.

Very well said:yeahthat:

He is going to be the BEST PRESIDENT EVER!....

All Is Well

5/19/2008 12:00:00 AM

As the month of May comes to an end, it only signals that training camp is getting closer! Things have been quite busy since my last post. I took a trip to London with some friends so our wives could attend Hillsong Church Colour Conference. It was my first time in London, and I have to admit, it was pretty cool. Saw the standard sites, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and others. Was was even better was a one day trip to Paris! We took the Eurostar train, otherwise known as the Chunnel Train that goes under the English Channel. Once there a trip to the Eiffel Tower and Arc De Triomphe. (sp) Upon our return to the US, I had a stop over in D.C. where we had an executive committee meeting at the NFLPA offices. I believe the meetings were informative, and went very well. We discussed many things concerning the NFL and the NFLPA, but nothing more important than the CBA and what the future holds. Our members will be ready to deal with whatever situation the owners present us, we will be educated and we will be prepared! For now, more OTA's, an incredible missions trip to Africa, and summer camps for my kids. Until next time, God Bless

Archived