METS WIN A SERIES!!!!!! Willie safe until Thursday

Lil Bit Special

Mets beat the Texas Rangers 4-2 in the nightcap of today's double header.

With this win, they win the series and extend willie's hold on the NY media until they choke in the next series against the angels.

Mets now 3-3 in final 100 games.

And sadly that's just where they'll finish. Right around .500.

With this win, they win the series and extend willie's hold on the NY media until they choke in the next series against the angels.

I guess the thread title (Thursday) was a little too optimistic. :P

I guess the thread title (Thursday) was a little too optimistic. :P

oops.....

but who in their right mind would have Willie manage monday night, win 2 straight and then fire him. Why not give him the rest of the series?

This organization is the laughingstock of baseball and Minaya just punched his ticket out of town with this move.

oops.....

but who in their right mind would have Willie manage monday night, win 2 straight and then fire him. Why not give him the rest of the series?

This organization is the laughingstock of baseball and Minaya just punched his ticket out of town with this move.

I wouldn't be surprise if the Wilpons were behind this. I think its pretty much a well known fact Jeff Wilpon wanted Willie gone after last year.

4-3 in final 100.

56 more wins needed.... Can Jerry Manuel get those 56 wins?

Archived